Lip Gloss in Hair

My six year old daughter and her friend put lip gloss in their hair! I can't get the greasy look out of her hair. What can I use?

Maybe vinegar?

I can help! I can help!

I just read this yesterday!

"As with anything oil based, mayonnaise, vaseline, lip gloss etc., do not wet the hair first before you shampoo! Put the shampoo on your head and wash like normal, then rinse the hair"

This is from a beautician and it was posted for those home rememdies on how to shine your hair. What to do afterwards.

When I was littel I once washed my hair with baby oil, my mom spent the entire morning washing my hair.

I wish we had known then, what I know now!

Shampoo first, then water.

Good luck.

Dish detergent (Dawn works well) instead of shampoo. Add a tablespoon or two of baking soda to it. Lather, rinse, repeat. This is harsh on the hair, so follow with conditioner. Good luck.

Wash your daughter's hair in DAWN dishwashing liquid. When my daughter was 2, she put almost an entire jar of vaseline in her hair. I washed it 4 times and could not get it out. I decided to wash it in DAWN and it came out!!! Worked great.

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousNovember 20, 2004
lip gloss puddle and applicator
Homemade Lip Gloss Recipes
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
A woman putting on lip gloss.
Cleaning Lip Gloss Stains on Clothing