SoftwareComputers

How Do I Email Digitized Photos?

How do I send digitised photos by email to friends and family?

By Bry from Manchester, England

I am assuming you have the digitized photos on your PC. Go to some place like Photobucket.com and set yourself up a repository for your pictures. When you upload them to Photobucket they are assigned a URL for display. They also get a URL for attaching. Which you use depends on your preference.

It is something you can play around with to determine your preference. I have a folder with pictures I attach and another folder with folders for family events, i.e. Thanksgiving09, Christmas08, Easter10, Wedding-CharlesNPeggy. I can give the URL directly into folders I want to share from events.

Individual pictures I want to share I send their specific URL or I attach them to an email. I don't normally attach pictures from photobucket to an email. I attach pictures from my PC directly to an email.

This is done several ways depending on your email program or email provider.

Another way to send one or more pics:

1) Open the file to display pics.

2) Hold down the control key

3) Place your cursor over the pics that you want to send, then left-click to hightlight each.

4) After finishing your selection(s), right-click the mouse and a 'pulldown' will appear.

4.1) Select "Send to" and another 'pulldown' will appear and you will select "Mail recipient".

[Now you can release the control key]

Now you will have the options of sending the pics in a smaller pixel size or keeping the pixel quality the very same [unless your recipient wants to make photo copies, don't do this, smaller pixels for general viewing is adequate]

This sounds like a lot of steps to take, but once you do it, you'll find that it's just 'a click, click, click' process.

What I do to attach pictures is just click on "attach", and then on the place that says "browse" . I go to my pictures and find the folder and then the photo that I want. Usually what I have to do is click on the name of the folder "pictures from Christmas" for example, and then click on "open", this will show all the pictures in that folder. Click on the picture and then on open, and the picture should begin to load into the browse window of the email, and then should show as an attachment. If you want to send another, go through the performance again. Adding more pictures will be easier as it will automatically go to that folder.

I open 'My Pictures' folder; right click on the thumbnail of the photograph I wish to send and a menu appears with an option 'send to'

I use MS Outlook, and a screen-reader called JAWS. Here's my method, translated for non-screen reader users:

1. I open the email and get it ready to send (including all recipients.) In other words, I type the brief note.

2. I go to the menu within Outlook and choose "insert," then "file," since it's a picture file I'm sending.

3. I know the folder and file name, so I go to the right place and click on the right file name. This attaches the digitized picture to the email I'm sending.

4. I usually double-check that the file attached properly by "looking" back through the sections of my email I'm sending. The list of attached files will be right next to the subject line.

5. Last but not least, I click send.

Hope this helps!

The best uncomplicated advise came from "louel53" I have used this on my computers for years with no problems good luck.