Little Boy Talking To An Old Man

A little boy was talking with an old man and he said "Sometimes I drop my spoon". The old man said "I do that too." Then the little boy whispered, "I wet my pants." "I do that too." laughed the old man. Then the little boy said "Sometimes I cry." The old man nodded and said, "So do I." "But worst of all", said the little boy, "It seems like grown ups don't pay any attention to me." That's when he felt the warmth of a wrinkled old hand. "I know what you mean", said the old man.

By Mary from Tecumseh, Michigan

I like that. How true and sad.

Touching, especially this time of year. I wonder how many of our senior citizens are without family this year?

Please volunteer at a local shelter, retirement home or visit shut-ins. 1 hour a week will let someone know they are thought of. If you can't... audio books are a super gift :)

this is not written by someone named mary from tecumseh. this is a poem by shel silverstein reworded.

I DON'T THINK MARY WAS IMPLYING THAT SHE WROTE IT. I BELIEVE SHE JUST WANTED TO SHARE IT WITH OTHERS.

THANK YOU MARY

Better Living InspirationalNovember 7, 2006
Boy dressed in an old man costume.
Making an Old Man Costume
A boy scout looking at a compass.
Organizing Tips for Parents of Boy Scouts
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Harry Potter Costume
Making an Optimus Prime Costume (The Transformers)
🎄