Halloween: Little Indian Maiden

I took fleece material, cut it and made it into a simple jumper. I made it big so she could dress warm that night. Cut fringe and sew trim on bottom of skirt. Add a head band with a feather and feather trim in front of jumper.

Use some outdoor furry boots with tassels. These were her own. They were a little big, she kept walking out of them. I think they were hand-me-downs from older sister. LOL!

Use leggings, again to keep warm. Our Halloween nights are always rainy and cold in Ohio.

Source: My daughter made it up for her daughter, my grand daughter.

By Little Suzy

What a darling costume for your adorable little girl! It is original as well as being thrifty. What a terrific idea.

October 5, 2010 Flag

Halloween: Little Indian Maiden

This cute costume doesn't have to cost you anything if you have supplies on hand, except your time

• Old sheet (flat) preferably white
  • Ad
  • Markers
  • Scissors
  • A few old pair of pantyhose or nylons (6 legs total)
  • Needle and thread or sewing machine
  • Assorted makeup
  • Feather

Lay the sheet out on a flat surface. Take one of the child's dresses or nightgown, and draw around it leaving about 4 inches on all sides, plus leave much more length at bottom and sleeves, for cutting fringe.

Sew all seams or use machine if you have one. I used a long shoelace at the neck to lace up making the neck hole a little bigger. Decorate the dress with markers as you would like.

Take the nylons or pantyhose (6 legs) and make two braids using (3) legs for each one, tying off at top and bottom. I made a headband from part of the sheet scraps, to fit child's head and sewed the braids onto each side of it. Then I sewed a feather onto the back of the headband. Makeup the child's face as you would like.

This costume is adorable and doesn't have to cost you anything, except your time.

By Dianne from Indianola, Iowa

Little Indian Maiden

Very cute! I love it! (10/14/2009)

By dragonflygreen64

Little Indian Maiden

How cute, very sweet! (10/14/2009)

By DeNovi

Little Indian Maiden

Really precious outfit. Great job! Charlotte

By latebird1

Little Indian Maiden

Dianne, this is a very cool costume, for hardly no money! Love it! You've got my vote! (10/18/2009)

By julesfromreese

Halloween: Little Indian Maiden

Cute and Easy! (11/20/2009)

By froggyboy41

Crafts Halloween CostumesOctober 11, 2010
onion roti bread
Indian Roti Bread
Child in Indian Costume
Making a Chief (Indian) Costume
Growing Indian Corn
Growing Indian Corn
korma paneer
Paneer (Indian Cheese) Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 25, 2016 at 7:06:45 AM on in 997 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.