DishesCleaning

Refilling Dawn Direct Foam

This is partly a product review and partly a frugal living tip.

I was curious about Dawn Direct Foam so I bought a bottle with a coupon. The product is awesome, one foamy pump of soap goes on forever! Dawn has always been wonderful at cutting grease immediately.

However, my family seemed to use it primarily to wash their hands. It's really too much soap just to wash your hands, and actually feels a bit slimy. The bottle was almost half-emptied and I decided to pop the top off and fill it back up with water. I swished the water around to mix it up and now the mixture isn't too slimy to simply wash hands. I haven't noticed it being "not enough" soap to wash other things with, but if so, just use a second squirt!

They also sell refills for this product.

By Tina from Elberfeld, IN

Once the Dawn liquid ran out in the original container, I refilled it with bargain brand dish soap plus a lot of water, and shook it to mix. Works well!

I refill by using 1/3 cup Dawn and the rest with water. I do add 1/8 cup bleach to mine, but if you had rather not, just fill with water. Sometimes, I don't quiet get it right, so I add water or more Dawn ( I always use Dawn to refill) until I get the foam I like.

Hi!

I have used the Dawn Direct Foam and used just plain Dawn by filling the bottle just about one half inch of regular Dawn to one half inch of water. It works excellent for hand washing! Dishes it seemed to be alot.