Packing Hot Lunches In A Thermos
"Hot Lunch to Go" These will stay "warm and delicious for hours." (quotes from Parents magazine, Sept.'07)
Many people already enjoy this food tip, I hope you will too! Some foods you can heat up and insulate in a Thermos (besides soup). I added more ideas to the magazine I found this in:
- Grilled cheese on whole wheat, cut to fit
- (Chinese or any) leftovers
- Chicken nuggets
- Burrito/soft tacos
- Swedish meatballs
- Rice and beans
- Pizza bread, cut to fit
- Bacon and eggs (with ketchup smiley face, if you like!)
- Chili with tortilla-chip scoops (or Fritos)
- Mini ravioli with butter and Parmesan cheese
- Pasta rings with peas and corn
- Etc! Be creative!
Be sure to pack a utensil!
Note: Little did I know, now available are neat "vacuum insulated food jars" in pretty stainless steel designs and some with a folding spoon! Wow! Designs at: www.thermos.com
Source: Parents magazine, page 262 from September 2007 (I clipped this and still have this magazine page!)
By Erin from Seffner, FL
Add your voice to the conversation.