Baking With Silicon Bakeware

Since baking with the silicon bakeware, I have noticed that the bottoms of my banana breads are not quite done. Based on the fact that heat rises; after removing the pan from the oven, I turn it upside down on a rack. When it cools off enough, I remove the baking form, but still leave it upside down.

This seems to help the underdone, mushy situation.

I had to try these out when I worked at a cookware store, so we could give honest feed back to the customers. My problem was with the "muffin" pan (only had 6 regular cups) and to make a regular batch took all afternoon! I thought the baking quality was okay, though I have never tried it in the microwave yet. I always have the underdone problem with the "smartware" bundt pan, so we just keep it in the oven when it is shut off (like resting.)

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingAugust 22, 2006
Baking Ingredients
Substitution for Cream of Tartar When Baking
Substitution for Baking Powder
Substitution for Baking Powder
A used cookie sheet in need of cleaning.
Cleaning Cookie Sheets and Bakeware
Using Silicone Bakeware
Using Silicone Bakeware
🎄