Frugal Way to Cool Down

Wet a washcloth with cold water and wring out. Place over an inverted bowl in the freezer. Thirty minutes later you have a 'cool' hat to wear.

By Strawberry from Nashville

My parents taught me to run cold water over my wrists to cool down. I have done the "ice towel" thing on wrists or the back of the neck too. I have also found cooling my feet in a pan of cold water to be good. At night when it is really hot I hug an ice pillow (the blue gel ones) wrapped in a towel. No air conditioning, and I live in steamy Tokyo.

I took this picture of Buddy last week. He is wearing a wet wash cloth "hat" LOL Anything to keep us cool. I had one on my head and a tea towel around my neck.It helped a lot in 100º + weather. GG VI

Better Living Green Living CoolingJuly 8, 2008
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
A thermometer on the side of a house reading 100 degrees fahrenheit.
Keeping Your House Cool Without AC
A stack of soft fluffy down pillows.
Cleaning A Down Pillow
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living
🎄