Home Remedy for Boils

I have a large boil on the back of my neck. The pain of it is starting to go into my shoulders. How can I get rid of it?

By Lynda from Kearny, NJ

Best Answer

I can't emphasize enough the reply you got about seeing a doctor, ASAP! For any infectious lesion near the head or neck area, especially when it's causing pain that's spreading out, you need to see your doctor for treatment. Boils are caused by a staph infection, which needs to be treated with an antibiotic. For other areas of your body, you might be able to try the home remedies, but with boils you run the risk of cellulitis, which is the staph infection going deep into the skin, which could lead to the infection actually going to your brain. I'm speaking from experience re the cellulitis, not something to fool around with even on the legs where I had it, and I hope you'll see your doctor to have this boil treated. Please take care of yourself. :-)

Best Answer

Ichthammol 20% Draw Out Drawing Salve Ointment and

Watkins Petro-Carbo Salve are both great for boils and Amazon sells both of these.

From what you describe, I would recommend that you go to a doctor. It sounds as if you need to have this thing lanced and drained which is best done by a doctor. Also, with the pain you describe, you don't want to fool around and make things worse.

Hi. A great OLD home remedy for boils is to make a compress/bandage using grated soap. Layer (sprinkle a bit of water on it) then sprinkle some sugar on the soap, then stick this bandage on the boil and leave overnight and IT WILL BE POPPED and drained. It's like when you're in the bath too long, the soap opens up the boil and the sugar cleanses it.

As the others have said, if it's a large boil, please seek medical attention however if it is small you might try cracking a fresh egg, pull the inside membrane off the shell and place over the boil area. It can be covered with a bandage. As the membrane dries, replace it with fresh membrane until the boil is gone. Keep unused shells in a zip bag in the refrigerator.

Turmeric, turmeric, turmeric. I had a boil for a week. went to a and e had two doses of iv antibiotics. It did nothing, so I looked on the web and found turmeric. Made up a paste of with milk, applied and bandaged. Within an hour it had burst Yay. Now have a slice of onion and a crushed garlic clove. Which must be working cause its stinging.

Hello everyone, I grew up with 2 great Aunts, and my grandmother who was 100% indian & I can tell you, I know and have heard them talk about the following things that do work & have worked on them for boils, Stys, & Canker Sores. Number 1-6 are for boils, #7 is for Stys, & #8 is for Canker Sores, Enjoy the Indian ways.

1st) potato slices will draw the boil to a head. It may take a few days but it does work,

2nd) Epson Salts works for a good many things when made into a paste. Take the Epson Salts & a very small amount of water & make a paste out of it & put it on the area of the Boil it will pull out the core as well.

3rd) A small onion slice also works as well for a Boil. Do the same as #1 with the onion slice.

4) Bacon and even Fat Back is a very good drawing agent. As stated before. It also works great for slivers that are very deep as well.

5) We all know Baking soda or Baking Power made into a paste as well will draw things out as well.

6) Another old trick that almost everyone forgets is Black Dirt made into a paste. This is a greate trick if your camping out & get bit by bee's. Make it into a paste & let it dry & fall off by it's self. this way it will pull out the whole stinger on it's own & won't leave any part of the stinger in the body. You do the same with #6 as well. It also works great if you are say allergic to ants as well. Great old indian ways.

7) Raisins, are great if you start to feel a Sty in your eye. For some reason raisins will kill the sty fast instead of doing Boric Acid baths with gauze for your eyes. Keep in mind Sty's are a bad infection of the eye.

8) Canker Sores Here are 2 great tips that work great & you will be shocked. I know you all have seen & heard of Indian Pow Wow's in your area. If you have go to it and get an herb called " Yellow Root ". It looks like a small twig, peel the bark off run it onder cool water & place it on the Canker Sore. It is bitter & will turn the area yellow but over night it is gone! The other trick you can do is go to an Herbal Store & buy a product called "Yellow Dock" It is Yellow Root in a capsule form. If you want it to work faster make it into a tea form because the center is liquid. I'm not kidding my older sister had them a lot growing up & it works wonders. Take care & ride safe, Luann

Skin Boil
Home Remedies for Boils
Health & Beauty Home RemediesOctober 22, 2010
Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
Rice in a cast iron pan.
Cooking Rice at High Altitudes