Removing Water Spots from Windows

All my windows have spots on them and that makes it difficult to see. I have deep, deep water. I have tried many cleaners. Please help.

By Dennis

Best Answer

I use a squeegee to clean my windows, no water left on them to spot. Would that solve your problem? I just use Dawn or Mr. Clean in the water, and clean the outside windows with a long handled squeegee, such as you use for washing car windows. I have one with an expandable handle to reach my windows that are on the upper level.

Best Answer

If you can take the windows off the track and get them on a level surface, then use the thick Lime Away on the windows, letting it sit for about 10 minutes, not touching the aluminum sides, then this should take care of your problem. You may also need to use a green scrubber, like what some use for pots and pans. Please try to protect your hands while using this and try not to breathe any fumes from this product.

Best Answer

A scratchy and a rag with clear vinegar will do the trick.

Best Answer

If you have hard water spots on your windows they will be hard to clean. Lime away does work but I don't like the harsh chemical. Spray your window with a window cleaner and use a scraper with a blade (the kind you use to remove paint on a window) to scrape over the hard water spots. Be careful to keep the blade flat and not scratch the window. Wipe the window and spray any spots you missed and scrape these away. If you have a huge build up, ammonia water works better than window cleaner but then again, you are dealing with harsh smelly chemical.

Best Answer

DO NOT use a scraper blade on double glazed windows as the glass is softened as it heated in manufacturing and the blade will scratch the glass - trust me I did it

Hard Water Spots on Windows
Removing Hard Water Spots on Windows
Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsJune 26, 2011
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
Installing a New Window
Hiring Someone to Replace Your Windows
🎄