Prevent Athlete's Foot

This is the time of year you take out shoes/boots you haven't worn in a while. A fungus you chased away last year may still be lurking in your footwear, especially if it is leather. I have never been in the position to toss all my shoes, so I TREAT the footwear - with the same thing I use for my athlete's foot/fungus - generic Vick's Vaporub! If you apply it to your shoe's inner linings, it will kill the fungus, as it does on your feet. And add a dose of foot powder, too!

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles

I just want to back you up on that. I use generic Vicks on my athlete's foot and nail fungus. It works slowly, but very well. I tried oral and paint-on meds before, and they both made me sick. Vicks has no side effects.

Hm-mmmmm, so Menthol KILLS FUNGUS? Are you sure that it's not just "sealing the air from it"? My grandmother was a midwife and used Vasoline (same base as Vaporub) for EVERY sort of sore, thinking it "healed" it, but in fact it just offered a better covering than bandaids, the principle of Neosporin OINTMENT, I believe, rather than the water-washable Cream, for blisters and mild rashes?

Is there anything ELSE in Vaporub that might be a

"healer", other than Eucalyptus, Menthol oils, and Petroleum (Vasoline)? Wouldn't the oils all collect the ultimate amount of dustmites and dirt off socks, stockings? It would be REAL hard for me to do that to my shoe LININGS of cloth, but NOT for the leather linings. Perhaps this is what you mean? What I've heard that works best for foot/toenail fungus is iodine applied to blow-dried feet after a bath. This is what I understand the military uses for their soldiers who can DRY their fungus toes/feet. God bless you. : )

P.S. Isn't that messy for your socks and stockings, too? Just wondering. Fungus is no fun. : )

Actually, it's absorbed, so it's not too messy - and there is something in the Vick's (or the generic equivalent) that kills the fungus...I don't think it has been tracked down exactly...It is also absorbed well by the leather linings with no ill effect....You use just a little bit, which is sufficient.

Athlete's Foot
Remedies for Athlete's Foot
Health & Beauty Home RemediesDecember 28, 2006
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
Sewing Machine Presser Foot
Sewing Machine Presser Foot Stuck Up
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder
🎄