Browsing: Removing Scuff Marks on Walls

Black Scuff Marks on Doors and Walls

Some of the doors and walls in my home have black scuff marks on them. I have tried everything I can think of to get it off. Please help.

Susan from Arizona

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Have you tried the new Magic Eraser yet? It's like a sponge and it's pretty amazing. It might be worth a try. I know Mr Clean makes it but I think there are other brands, too.

Antibacterial gel works very well. I've had good success with ink, scuff marks, adhesives and it hasn't harmed any surface I've used it on.

I'm sure you'll get lots of hints re the marks but I'd like to add a hint for the future. When redecorating use scrubbable easy clean paint - its slightly more expensive but well worth the money. I have 3 dogs and there are always areas that get dirty or scuffed as they jump or even brush past them. One dog had an ear injury a few weeks ago and it was days before I discovered she had shaken her head and sprayed fine spots of blood on the bottom of the wall in the lounge room. All these 'accidents' and dirty/scuff marks come off with a damp cloth and some home made cleaning spray, (cloudy ammonia, a drop of detergent and water).

Regards

Jo

Try toothpaste (paste not gel). Rub in and wipe off.

I would try rubbing alcohol & see if that works. It was recommended to me for removing black scuff marks on my dress shoes & it worked great.

Have you tried an ordinary eraser? This is what I usually use, but it takes a lot of rubbing.

It was suggested to me today that I use car wax or linoleum and hard wood floors by a friend whose been using this for years.

Rubbing alcohol works really well.

There is a little known product called Spray Nine which I can only find in hardware stores in my area. It is more expensive than basic cleaners but I use a lot less of it. Go to http://www.knightmkt.com/ to find a retailor near you!

I used Avon's Astringent Cleansing Lotion, and it worked like a charm. I barely even had to rub on it..

If you get "goo gone" or "goo be gone", that works well with a bit of scrubbing.

Goo Gone will take the latex paint right off the wall, if you're not careful.

I used rubbing alcohol on walls/doors and it worked beautifully! It DOES, however, remove some of the paint! So use caution and don't rub too aggressively. I was amazed at how easily black tennis shoe scuff marks came off. I also used on various marks of unknown origin (probably from furniture hitting the walls), and I didn't find anything rubbing alcohol wouldn't remove. I have tried a number of cleaners, none of which worked at all. Again, use caution as it will remove some paint in the process. I would suggest only using on light colored walls/doors.

Thanks for the hint about the rubbing alcohol. I had some scuff marks on the wall from luggage wheels. It did take away some of the off-white paint, but it is better than black scuff marks.

STOP! DON"T TRY IT! After reading about success with rubbing alcohol posted here, I tried removing black scuff marks from a RED painted wall with rubbing alcohol with disastrous results. It removed enough paint that it is very noticeable. This is a high-quality washable paint. My advice is don't try this - just repaint. It's less work and ultimately you are going to have to do it anyway.

Just tried the toothpaste suggestion, and it works!

Using toothpaste to remove scuff marks worked really well. Thanks a lot for the tip!

Tried the toothpaste and it did not work on my tan, textured walls. Also tried Magic Eraser to no avail as well. Finally got my scuffs off with a little rubbing alcohol.

Be aware that it does take off paint! What I did was add just a dab on a white cloth and dab it onto the scuff and then wipe with a clean part of the towel. Scuff came right up!

Magic Eraser removed scuff marks from painted woodwork, after I read the directions and wet it first!

March 5, 2012 Flag

My son would like to know how to clean black marks on walls. He is moving and found some in the bedroom his 9 year old son stays in when there.

By Marie

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I use Mr. Clean magic erasers, My bf is a mechanic and everything he touches turns black. If it wasn't for the simpleness of wetting the eraser and wiping the wall, I seriously would paint my walls black rather then trying to deal with all the marks. Good luck I hope it works as well for you! Btw works great for anything on the wall!

What kind of black marks; scuffs, crayon, marker?

White Walls
Removing Scuff Marks on Walls
Home and Garden Cleaning WallsDecember 27, 2004
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
beautiful wood floors
Removing Scuff Marks from Hardwood Floors
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Scuffed Leather Shoes
Removing Scuff Mark on Leather Shoes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 8, 2016 at 6:18:24 PM on 10.0.2.72 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.