Frosting Glass Blocks

How do you frost glass blocks for crafts? I want to give one to my new sister-in-law for Christmas.

By Sue from Barnesville, OH

December 9, 2010 Flag

Could someone help. I put rub-ons on a glass block and then sprayed it with Rustoleum Frost spray and it cracked and bubbled. Please help.

By Lisa from Canada

Answers:

Frosting Glass Blocks

My suggestion is to have the glass block inside for a day so the block won't be so cold. Secondly, always spray in a well ventilated area. I spray my blocks prior to adhering photos or decals. I have found that it takes several coats to get it to the "can't see through it" level. I would buy two or three kinds of spray. Some are better that others. Don't get in a hurry. Wear a mask when spraying. (01/12/2010)

By FirstLady

RE: Frosting Glass Blocks

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 14, 2009 Flag

When putting decals on glass blocks, do you frost first or place decals first? How many coats of frost do you spray on? I wish to made a few for Christmas presents.

By Lisa

Answers:

Frosting Glass Blocks

I don't think the decals would stick if you frost the glass first, depending what you use to frost. I would read the product you are planning on using carefully first. Good luck. Sounds like fun. (11/04/2009)

By latrtatr

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes