Blood on Dry Clean Only Clothing

I got blood on two pairs of dry clean only pants - one satin and one linen. What can I do to get the blood out? Can I run them under water or will that ruin them?

Thank you!

Serafina from Milwaukee, WI

Both satin and linen are hand-washable. If it is your blood and there isn't much of it, you can use your own saliva to remove it. I know that sounds weird and slightly gross, but your body fluids contain enzymes that are unique unto itself, so your own saliva will remove your own blood from fabrics.

If it is too much blood for that, use COLD water and a gentle detergent (like woolite) and work the fabric with your fingers gently and patiently. Rinse as needed, and keep going until you have it entirely gone.

hydrogen peroxide removes blood from just about everything. put some on the spot let sit a moment to let it "sizzle" then rinse it out in cold water. reapply if needed.

Dear Susabelle,

Thank you very much for your feedback on removing blood with your own saliva. I had got some spots of blood from shaving my legs on a white satin slip under my £120 ball dress and your tip removed it in a quick and cost free way so thank u as I was really panicking!

what about dried blood on wool gabaradine slacks that have been dried cleaner unsuccessfully?

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMay 4, 2006
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning "Dry Clean Only" Clothing at Home, Row of Dry Cleaned Shirts
Cleaning "Dry Clean Only" Clothing at Home
A bottle of hydrogen peroxide, great to use to remove blood stains.
Removing Blood Stains from Clothing and Fabric
Wedding Dress
Removing a Blood Stain on a Wedding Dress