Displaying Concert Ticket Stubs

I have amassed a large number of concert ticket stubs over the last several years. I would like to find a fun way to display them. I have framed them in the past, but I am looking to do something a bit more unique. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Best Answer

Decoupage a frame for a mirror or picture or the cover of a journal.

Best Answer

I have opened the back of my jewel case CD from that particular artist and put them in there. I saw on the DIY jewelry making show a project where they turned a ticket stub into a necklace.

Best Answer

Have you considered making a scrap book? This way you can put them in chronological order and jot down your favorite thing about the concert, maybe add any photo's you took that night. This is what I do.

Best Answer

Laminate them (you can buy self-laminating sheets that don't require heat, or take them to a shop that does laminating), cut apart, punch tiny holes in each end, and connect with cord or thin chain to make a "bead" curtain." You know, like us old hippies used to hang in our doorways. Each "chain" would be fastened to a dowel or other horizontal item. You could hang it in a doorway or on the wall. I wouldn't recommend a window because the sun would fade the ink, even through the plastic film.

Be sure to leave a margin of the laminating material around each ticket when trimming, so it doesn't peel off. If you leave more at each end, the hole could be punched in the plastic only instead of through the ticket. And curve those corners so you don't get poked.

Best Answer

Glass topped coffee or end tables. Just put the stubs under the glass and you have a great way display your stubs, have a conversation starter and decorate without doilies or lace ^^.

It also makes it easier to keep these pieces of furniture clear of clutter, after all - no one can see the stubs if your table is covered with clutter.

ALSO - your stubs are safe from mistakes that can be made with glues or laminates, etc.

Maybe you could decopauge them onto a sturdy cardboard box and use it to hold photos or other momentos. A good product to do this with is called Mod Podge.

I used Mod Podge last Christmas while making some gifts, and I find that it has not held up well over the last year. It peels off with very little wear and tear.

Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Have you considered making a wallpaper-like wall border with them? Mark out the width of border that would suit a wall in the area you have chosen. Using wall paper paste or sizing, glue the stubs in a design that looks good to you, filling in and overlapping as needed. You could start with one wall, leaving lots of room for expansion. It would be kinda cool in a media room especially.

Can you photocopy them onto fabric and make a pillow or lapquilt out of them?

I once saw game tickets beautifully displayed under glass on a game room bar. You could do the same thing under a table.

I was at one point looking for a shadowbox-style table to do just that, but gave up looking. Our apartment doesn't have a lot of room, but I like the idea.

Thank you everyone for the great feedback so far!