Can You Buy the Powdered Cheese as Sold in Boxed Mac and Cheese?

As an old bachelor that enjoys puttering around in the kitchen, I've often had one of these, "Why don't they make", type of questions. I was just wondering if anyone else has?

The question is regarding those little dried cheese sauce packets that come in the Macaroni and Cheese boxes or the white dried cheese packets like found in the Fettuccine Alfredo boxes. Wouldn't it be great if they sold those little cheese packets individually, so we could experiment with our own stuff?
Just "axin" man, just "axin!"

By Lawrence from Clearwater, FL

Try a bulk food store. The one in our area has white cheddar cheese powder and cheddar cheese powder. It's delicious on popcorn, too!

You may be able to find it on amazon.com. They carry a lot of hard to find food products.

You might be able to find it where they have the packages of gravies and sauce mixes, it seems like there would be a cheese sauce mix. Good luck!

I'm an old bachelor too. If you can't find the powdered cheese just save the packets from EZ Mac. Dump the macaroni into a package for later use.

I realize most of "us" want to not waste pennies that way; bachelors? Not so much.

I have had good luck buying bulk items at http://waltonfeed.com/store/ They carry powdered cheese.

Kraft makes a powdered orange cheese. I found it in the same aisle as the powdered parm cheese by the same maker, near dried pasta and tinned tomato sauce.

We get ours at a restaurant supply store. They make it in plain and nacho cheese. I think the brand we have had is Trio, but others make it too.

You do better too make homemade. That crap is lousy in the box.

Would think this guy doesn't consider it lousy if he's hunting it down? I happen to be looking for it myself!

Consumer Advice Product FinderSeptember 10, 2010
A sugar mill making powdered sugar.
How to Make Confectioners (Powdered) Sugar
Brownies
Improving Boxed Brownie Mixes
Chili Mac Recipes
Chili Mac Recipes
Blue Cheese and Gruyere Mac and Cheese
Blue Cheese and Gruyere Mac and Cheese
🎄
🍂