Internet TipsComputers

Can You Recall a Sent Email Before It Is Read?

Is there a way to retrieve a sent email right after it has been sent? I sent one and realized I wanted to change a word, but didn't know how to retrieve it before it was read.

By Pat from NJ

I just heard something about that the other day, but I believe you have to be signed up with gmail. It is worth checking to see.

You used to be to be able to try and recall emails - there was a feature in Microsoft's Outlook. But, I haven't seen it for some time.

Your best bet is to send another mail apologising for the typing error and include the correct version of the mail, or at least the sentence that has the mistake in.

Most of the time your mail will be received by the time you realize you made a mistake.

Not that I know of.

You can do this, but only if you use Gmail. There is a Gmail Labs feature called Undo Send that gives you a few seconds after you hit the send button to cancel sending.