Use a Torch for Bubbles

Well, I did it! I started with an upstairs bath that no one would have to see if it turned out really ugly, but I am just tickled. I couldn't have done it without you guys. Thanks for all the advice. For those still contemplating it, get the torch! I let someone talk me out of it, big mistake. I nearly hyperventilated trying to get the bubbles out, finally resorted to my hairdryer, then decided to give up, let it dry and sand them out before the next coat.

I used an epoxy paint from Home Depot on the sink. It's hard to work with, but worth the end result. A couple tips:

• Envirotex will spread quite easily with a square sponge paint edger tool and is perfect for those pesky backsplashes. Just check periodically to correct any sagging until it begins to set.

• I used a dense sponge roller with a tinted primer for the base which worked beautifully, and smaller disposable sponge paint sticks for tight spaces. I would recommend getting the round sponge wheel for corners.

• The fellow who posted advice about using stains instead of paint was right. I used gel stain for my darkest color, thinking depth again, and wished I had used ALL stain instead of paint. Some is opaque, some is more transparent depending on the application, just like granite. You can be much more creative and end up with more natural results. You don't even need the glitter when using this.

Before and after photo:

What an amazing job you did... Congrats! The results are so natural and beautiful - looks like granite - awesome! Your input and advise is greatly appreciated. I have a question: did you paint the sink bowl in white? If so, did you use the same paint and process but in pure white? Thanks, Gina

Did you use the evirotex in the sink bowl as well as the counter top?

I love the look of this, but as this would be my first big DIY project I was wondering if you could GI've a detailed step by step food what your used colors and how to do? Everything...you did an amazing job.

I love the look of this but as this would be my first big. Diy project I was wondering if you could GI've a detailed step by step food what your used colors and how to do. Everything.... Iyou did an amazing job

I was wondering if you could give me step by step for this specific look. It's so gorgeous and since this would be my first big project, a little scared. What colors did you use and products as well. I would really appreciate it. Thank you

Can you please give the colors you used on this sink? Thank you!

How much gel stain did you need for this project?

I'm getting ready to select colors for my bathroom countertop faux granite finish and have been doing a lot of reading, as well as looking at pictures.

Yours look really great! Was wondering if there is any chance you can refer me to the suggestion made by someone who used stain gel, or maybe share what you know of using them in this process? Will they stick to a primer, give a totally different look? Better to use all or just some with paint? (This is the only time I've heard of it in all my research.)

painting a countertop
Painting a Laminate Counter Top
Fixing Wallpaper Bubbles
Fixing Wallpaper Bubbles
A boy blowing bubbles.
Homemade Bubbles Recipes
Man repairing kitchen countertops.
Repairing Bubbles in Formica Countertop
🎉
🎄