In Memory Of Pepper (California Rabbit)

This is Pepper. He is a 2 year old California Rabbit. We rescued him from a very abusive home, He was very very skinny, dehydrated, and had loss of hair. The child there would throw him around by his ears, bite him on his ears til they bled, kick him and God only knows what else.

When we first got him we couldn't even get close to him hardly. We feed him very well, bathed him, loved him talked to him named him pepper which he did learn and was a total house bunny.

He learned to trust us and learned to use a little box on his own. He wore a halter, so we could take him outside for walks. When the kids would sit on the floor and watch TV he helped himself to the popcorn in the bowl, chips from the bag or fruit they were eating. He would jump in my lap and share my treats.

He loved Christmas times just to tear the paper of the gifts. He loved to go outside on his leash and halter and dig in the grass and eat roots. He didn't even mind getting baths. He was littler trained and loved to play hand wrestling with my daughter. And loved life.

He loved us as much as we loved him. He passed away 6 months ago and I still cry for him. Sounds silly I know but he was my real honey-bunny. He was a blessing to my family. Rabbits actually make loving pets and have great personalities.

Source: me

By Lesa

Bless you! He had a wonderful life after all the horror he endured. Your tears are appreciated.

Beautiful story. I too have loved a rabbit and

they have such sweet and gentle souls that it

takes a very long time to get over the loss.

My rabbit Midnight lived to be about 8 years old,

but he was just wonderful. Followed me around

everywhere just like my dog and cat did.

Thank you for sharing Pepper with us.

Julia in Boca Raton, FL

You are not one bit silly and bless you for having given Pepper a happy life with you and your family and what a blessing for you too! I am so sorry for your loss! Please know that Pepper is smiling down at you with lots of bunny hugs!

Hi Leesa,

I can completely understand how you feel. I lost my ten year old Labrador to cancer over three years ago after a long battle. We had to let her go as it was plain selfish of me to try to keep her going when she was so sick. I had her cremated with the intention of sprinkling the ashes in the sea, where she adored going to play. But I still can't bring myself to do it yet, and don't know if I ever will. Don't feel silly about love, makes no difference if you love a person or an animal.

All the best

Vicki Australia

Any love opens the heart to even more love, so

never feel that love for an animal is lost or silly.

Those who have never loved an animal may not

understand, but those who have understand completely.

Lee

So sorry for the loss of your sweet bunny. I too had a bunny for a pet and he was so sweet & special. I entered a contest & won him at an event called "Rabbit Fest" so we named him "Festus". I still think about him with love in my heart. Bless you for taking such good care of your bunny.

Californian Rabbit
Californian Rabbit Photos
Photos Pets OtherMay 21, 2010
California King Bed
Buying Sheets for a California King Bed
San Diego, California
San Diego, California Frugal Travel Guide
Legoland California
California Frugal Travel Guide
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt
🎄