Front Load Washer Not Spinning When Full

My Frigidaire front loader washer is not spinning when full. It spins ok if only a small amount of clothes are in it. We just replaced the belt, but it didn't help the problem. Should I just buy a new one or is this fixable?

Lori from Pleasanton, CA

Best Answer

We just had a similar problem with our front loader except ours stopped spinning altogether. We couldn't find anyone who wanted to look at it. My husband had already found the belt was not the problem. One repairman suggested he look at the brushes connected to the motor which turned out to be the problem. Apparently they have a little tail which stretches over time (normal wear and tear). Ours had fully stretched and were no longer making the connection required to spin the drum. My husband replaced the brushes and we're up and running (or should I say spinning!) again.

Best Answer

The drum is spun by the belt and motor, with it spinning with a half load I would say that the belt you got was the wrong size (to big) or the spring loaded self adjusting tenisoner isn't working, motors for the most part either work or they don't but it would be worthwhile to spin it by hand and see if it's freely spining, if it isn't it needs to be replaced.

Depends upon what's wrong, how much it would cost to fix, what kind of washer you have, etc. etc. etc.

I'd contact an appliance repairman and ask them.