French Fry Cutter for Dicing Vegetables

I found the handiest little gizmo at the drugstore one day while waiting on a prescription. It's a French fry cutter. Not only do I use this to cut homemade French fries, but also when I'm freezing diced bell pepper, onion, etc.

I wash whole, fresh veggies in tepid soapy water; rinse, and dry. I de-seed my bell peppers and cut into pieces large enough to fit against the cutting blades of the French fry cutter. Press down the handle and voila! - freshly diced bell pepper!

I allow everything to drain in a colander for a few hours, and then spread out onto cookie sheets and place in the freezer. When the veggies are completely frozen 'unstick' from cookie sheets using a spatula and then place into freezer bags or freezer storage containers.

By Juanita S. from Enid, OK

Dicing Vegetables
Dicing Vegetables
Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsDecember 2, 2010
Shrimp Stir Fry
Shrimp Stir Fry Recipes
Pizza Cutter
Other Uses for a Pizza Cutter
Pizza Cutter
Cleaning a Pizza Cutter
Kitchen Utensils
Using Kitchen Utensils in Unusual Ways