Using Lava Soap for Pimples

Has anyone ever used Lava soap on their face to get rid of pimples?

By Miranda from Whitesville, WV

Lava soap is too harsh. Here are a few simple home remedies to keep your skin free of acne .

1.Eat a lot of green vegetables like spinach, cabbage, beans, peas, lettuce, etc. A salad and fruit should be taken daily.

2.Drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water a day and try to avoid sugary foods, fried stuff, and aerated drinks.

3.Exercise is a must to improve blood circulation .

4.Use natural clay absorbing face packs after cleaning the skin with ice cold rose water.

5.An excellent remedy for acne-prone skin can be made by mixing 1 teaspoon ground cloves with 2 tablespoons fullers earth and ice water.

6.When you wash your face, use sugar to scrub it, at least once a day, for two weeks to rid yourself of acne.

7.Soak cotton wool in mint juice, and apply every day.

8.Apply crushed marigold leaves on acne.

9.Boil and mash plums to get the pulp. Add a teaspoon of almond oil, and apply on the face.

10.Mix lemon juice, rose water and glycerin in equal quantities. Apply daily before retiring to bed.

11.Saturate lettuce leaves in water, use water to rinse face and acne.

12.Mix 1 tablespoon of dried or fresh yeast with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice; apply on face, wait until it gets hard (try not to move), peel or wash with warm water.

13.Dip a cotton ball in egg whites and apply on clean face, wait a few hours and wash.

14.Apply some toothpaste on the acne. Do NOT apply on skin because it will make it dry, only on the acne spots.

15.Ice down the acne before bed, by morning it should be noticeably better.

16.Wash your face twice a day in warm salty water. This should leave your face oil free without aggravating the acne like soap.

17. Change your pillow case every other day as dirt can easily get into your pillow .

18. Make a paste of salt in vinegar. Rub it on the pimples. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.

19. Soak a cotton ball in either lemon juice or apple cider vinegar and apply on face.

20. Take one-third of a cup of finely powdered Fuller's earth,and add a tablespoonful of fresh potato juice to it.This makes a good deep-cleansing mask. Wash it off with warm water and then splash cold water on the face.

21. Make a paste of neem leaves with turmeric powder. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.

22. You can try applying grated cucumber over the acne for fifteen to twenty minutes and then washing with warm water. Its regular use prevents pimples and blackheads.

23. Apply fresh mint juice every night to treat acne and pimples as this is a good home remedy for acne.

24. Calamine lotion has a drying effect so you can apply it overnight and wash the next day.

25. Crush 1or 2 garlic pieces and apply the fresh garlic paste on acne for an hour and wash.

26.Apply a honey mask to your face once or twice a week. Honey has antibacterial properties so it is great for disinfecting and healing blemishes. It is also gentle on sensitive skin.

27.Mix a little baking soda with water and apply gently to your acne/pimples, let it dry for 30 minutes. Then rinse face with cold water, try it daily for a week and see if it helps clear your acne.

28. Clean your face every morning with cotton ball soaked with apple cider vinegar, might sting a little but very effective,try if you don't have a sensitive skin. Try on a small part first.

29.Vitamin A helps strengthen the protective tissue of the skin and prevents acne by helping to reduce sebum production. Vitamin A is also a powerful antioxidant that rids your body of toxins,good luck.

Absolutely you can use Lava for pimples and acne! As a teenager I never broke out and my mom told me she had always used Lava as a child. Wet your hands, make a lather, wash your face and rinse. Period - you're done. Mom used it, I used it, my twin daughters used it and now my grand daughter is using it.

My daughter forgot about it and when my 13 year old grand daughter came with her face in horrible condition with pimples and blackheads, I suggested she try it and she immediately loved the way her face felt and in 2 days her face was completely healed. She used it twice a day to clear up her skin and now keeps it in the shower and when she showers once a day she washes her face with Lava in the shower.

Here's the key: It's easy to use - a 1 step process. And she has very sensitive skin. I was afraid that it would dry her out too much but it hasn't. If you feel dry, use a little light moisturizer. I never did and never broke out. It's hard to find, but well worth it and cheap.

My grand daughter had all the expensive products and they weren't working and her mom was going to take her to the dermatologist after Christmas which would have cost an enormous amt. of money. $1.20 a bar and it lasts forever. My grand daughter said she liked it because it was easy and quick to use and 1 step instead of 3. I told her - it will work - if you use it! She left her bar at a friend's house and panicked and went back to get it! Now all her friends are onto Lava! Use it - it works!

I am going to try the Lava Soap. I have tried all of the 29 tricks above and the other expensive acne washes with no luck. Thanks for the tip. I will let you know if it is working for me in the next couple of weeks.

I used it out of desperation as a teenager and it worked. I use it now a few times a week. It exfoliates and draws out oil so it takes the place of doing a mask as well. Cheap and a great time saver. When my son's acne wouldn't get better after trying several homemade remedies and really expensive stuff from ULTA I got him Lava soap and it worked.

It's fast to use. Great for any teenage boy and you can see results soon so it keeps them motivated to take care of their skin. It is so simple and yields results. If it were a skincare soap you know it would cost more. So I will just go to automotive and buy the soap for my face.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Acne TreatmentNovember 14, 2009
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Someone using an acne cleansing pad on their face.
Homemade Oxy Cleansing Pads Recipes
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale