Freezing Bulk Garlic

Can anyone tell me how to store garlic cloves? Can you freeze them whole or do you cut them up? Do you wrap them up in freezer paper or aluminum foil? I have about 15 whole cloves and I don't want them to go bad. Thank you for any help.

Debra from Nahunta, GA

Best Answer

If I have an abundance of garlic cloves I'll chop them up (this goes fast in a food processor) and place in a log shape on a piece of Saran Wrap then I roll it up and put in a freezer bag. Then I can just break off a piece of the log for the amount I need for a recipe and it's wonderfully fresh and so easy!

Thanks for the great idea. It was just what I was looking for (about freezing garlic).

Marge

I'd suggest putting the cut (or whole) garlic cloves in something a bit more odor proof than a zipper bag before freezing. Maybe something like a pimento jar. Not too many folks appreciate vanilla-garlic ice cream :-)

When I want to store garlic, I peel the cloves and put them in a jar add some oil and put the lid on and keep them in refrigerator. Keeps for a very long time and you can also use the oil for stir fries or whatever.

My Mom always put the peeled garlic cloves in a jar and cover with oil. I use olive oil and refrigerate and it lasts forever !!!!

Freezing Garlic
Freezing Garlic
Food and Recipes FreezingMarch 19, 2009
A pile of apple slices.
Freezing Apples
A jar of homemade salsa.
Freezing Salsa
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
🎉
🎄