Ketchup For Cleaning Copper Pots

Why buy expensive copper cleaner for those beautiful copper kettles or planters? Regular Heinz Ketchup does the job just as well.

By cipi2000 from Miami, FL

This is a great tip, but instead of the premium brand, I use the cheap brand, it works just as well.

March 16, 2011 Flag

An easy way to clean tarnished pots and pans is to wipe ketchup on them. Let them set for a few minutes, then rub the ketchup around on the pot and wash. They will look brand new.

By skgibson from Indianapolis, IN

Answers:

Ketchup For Cleaning Copper Pots

I have tried this a couple of times and haven't had much success. What am I doing wrong? (01/20/2011)

By mom of towers

January 17, 2011 Flag

This is the best tip if you have copper pans. I use it clean my copper clad pans (stainless steel with copper on the bottom), copper teapots, etc.

You squeeze on a generous amount of ketchup and coat copper using a papertowel or napkin. Leave on 1 - 2 hours, the longer the better. Then rinse off. They look brand spanking new. You won't believe your eyes.

Source: My Mom used to do this. She passed away, so I'm not sure where she got the idea. She read Woman's Day, Family Circle, etc. So it could have come from one of them.

By Jeanae22 from Salisbury, MA

Answers:

Ketchup For Cleaning Copper Pots

Actually you will see the copper changing right before your eyes, you really don't have to leave it on 15-minutes to see these great results. But as long as you don't need them right away, why not lay them all out on the counter? The longer the better!

(04/10/2010)

By jeanae22

RE: Ketchup For Cleaning Copper Pots

April 9, 2010 Flag

A quick and easy way to clean copper-bottomed pans is ketchup. Rub over the copper and watch it do its work! If you have tough spots, add a little salt for scrubbing.

By Camilla from Atchison, KS

Answers:

Ketchup For Cleaning Copper Pots

Yes Camilla, it does work. mI've been doing that also for many years. No chemicals going down the drain either. :O) Thanks for sharing. (07/17/2007)

By HolJen

Ketchup For Cleaning Copper Pots

Most people just use vinegar. (10/27/2009)

By Ausjulie

Copper Pots
Cleaning Copper Pots and Pans
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesMarch 16, 2011
Copper Kitchen Sink
Considering a Copper Kitchen Sink
Ketchup Spilled on Carpet
Removing Ketchup Stains on Carpet
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Copper Pitcher
Cleaning and Polishing Copper
🎉
🎄