Cleaning Cat Spray Odor Off House

My cat is spraying on my front porch and along the side of the house. (I think to mark their territory) and the smell is making me sick. Does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of this smell?

Vinegar should help. Use it half and half with water and spray it on the area.

Try using a bleach and water solution 50%/50%. Let it dry. It seems to be the only thing to kill the bacteria of the acids. I had an issue with that years ago and after removing the carpet the odor remained in the wood floor. Bleach and water did the trick. If odor remains try a stronger mixure of bleach and water.

Good luck!

You may want to try straight peroxide, I did this with accidents on the rug, it didn't harm anything.

Cat also got closed in the car overnight and pee'd on the cloth seat. I did the same , soaked it with straight peroxide. I would suggest you spot check it first though.

Maybe you could use a spray bottle, just spray on and leave it , don't wipe it.

Baking soda should neutralize the odor as well. Mix with water. Use a sponge to wash down the porch. There are products you can buy that are supposed to keep animals away from areas where you don't want them to be. One is called Indoor No and I think another one is Scat!

When a cat starts spraying you have a problem as they usually continue to do so. About the only remedy I have heard of is to have the cat neutered.

I posted information about this product regarding another question, but I think this would work for you. I am an Independent Watkins Associate, and we carry a product called Odor Zap. It's a heavy-duty odor neutralizer. It's biodegradable, non-toxic, non-corrosive, hypoallergenic, and non-staining. It's 100% safe for people, pets, and the environment. It may be used on all household odors like smoke, mildew, paint fumes, and waste matter (which I think cat pee qualifies as - ha!) It's great to use in mopping solutions, carpet cleaners, or humidifiers and may even be used on sports equipment, shoes, and wet dogs.

If you would like me to send you a catalog so you can look at the product, just e-mail me and I can send you one. Good luck. I know that smell can really be strong!

Trudy

trudypowell @ sbcglobal.net (remove spaces)

http://www.mo3bk.com

I have 4 cats and two of them are constantly peeing on stuff. The only thing I have ever had work is Oxi Clean. (It works great on carpets.) You can use it if your porch or siding is unfinished wood, fiberglass, or metals. But if it consists of Painted/finished wood it can't be used. Good luck.

I go to K-mart and get the gallon jug of Pet Out. It works wonderfully. I have a dog and cat and sometimes they have accidents and this takes the smell out and any stains left behind. I hope this helps.

Chris

I used to work for a vet and we always had animals peeing on the sidewalk and the building. We used the bleach and water solution and also scrubbed with a brush or broom with hard bristles. It did the trick everytime. Good Luck!

I actually read somewhere that cats are attracted to bleach so I ha ve stopped using it. I use a vinegar and water mixture with a touch of listerine.

If you really want to get rid of the spray odor, Get some OdorXit Concentrate and spray it (diluted 1 part concentrate 20 to 30 parts water on the contaminated areas after washing and rinsing the areas with TSP or Simple Green or Dawn. Vertical surfaces often will take more that one treatment and a 15 to 1 solution.

FYI:

The smell may not be from your cat. Obviously if you've SEEN him spray, you don't need to read the rest, but here's an idea:

Another possible source of the smell could be your shrubs. If you have planted boxwoods around your porch, which many of us have, you should know that these shrubs have a very strong odor that is similar to cat urine.

Spray vinegar on the area . I keep a spray bottle on my deck all the time to spray door and side of house. It works!!!!!!

I just got rid of the same problem yesterday. scrub with a hard bristle brush and a bucket of ammonia and water. let it air dry a bit and get some moth balls, crush them in a bag and sprinkle in the area. don't use more than one box of moth balls in one small area or your house will have a strong smell of moth balls like i did. it worked though. just wont use as many (2 boxes) next time...well hopefully there won't be a next time

Do you understand mothballs are an EPA Violation? They are illegal for outdoor use. That you contaminate the ground, ground water, and air with a toxin that spreads. That it will not only kill the cats, but other wildlife.

I have a neighbor cat that uses my front yard close to the door as a potty area. How can I stop this cat from using my yard?

I put pine cones in the garden area by the front door. This help all last year, will be adding a new layer in the spring

Striped kitten with red collar.
Cleaning Cat Spray
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJanuary 22, 2005
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Making a Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Hair Spray Nozzle
Unclogging Hair Spray Nozzle
🎉
🎄