Cleaning Tile Floor Grout

Does anyone know a secret on how to clean tile grout on the bathroom floor? I have tried everything I could think of including some horrible smelling chemical I got at Lowe's. Thanks for any and all ideas.

By Gail

Best Answer

Allow vinegar to soak on the tile grout by placing paper towels on the grout soaked with it. Take care to try not to leave it on the stainless steel or aluminum type drain that's in the shower, as too much exposure could pit it. It won't hurt the grout at all. After it has soaked a while, take a scrub brush or toothbrush to it. It should clean it up really well.

Zep scrubbed into it will clean it right up.

I've cleaned mine many times and this works for me, straight bleach and a toothbrush!

Ammonia.

It works great to dissolve the grease and hairspray. Dilute it, spray it on, let stand for 10-30 minutes, and just wipe off the grime.

Windex also works in a pinch.

What is an easy way to clean my bathroom tile? The grout is discolored.

Thanks!

By V.F.

When I moved in my place I thought the grout was black or dark brown then after cleaning discover it was a light color(only 1 shade more than tiles)..It took over 100 hours getting it the way it was suppose to be!I'm sure your isn't that bad(I use organic everything but we finally had to use pool cleaner to get it right),if its yellow stained I use a paste of whitening tooth paste and baking soda.You make using half and half get a old toothbrush and it will go back to the color it was intended to be.My tile always is clean now with just my regular cleaning products which in the bath includes baking soda, vinegar and I have a hand held steamer that prevents mold(I live near water).Good luck I hope this helped.