Use Bartering as Part of Your Budget Plan

When trying to stretch your Xmas gift budget, don't forget about the power of informal BARTER. At a church sale last weekend, I traded several bottles of fancy bubble bath and some hair product for a wooden screen I had. You can do that for all sorts of things! I have also bartered labor for discounts, etc. You could also offer to clean someone's house or apartment as a barter gift if you have more time than money!

By pamphyila from Los Angeles, CA

I'd love to barter but I don't know how to get started. I'd love to find someone to color and cut my hair. Also love to barter with someone who would mow and edge my lawn. I'm a senior and these things are eating up a large part of my budget. Don't plan on stopping the hair coloring and the yard is a necessity. Hard, down on the floor, bending and hard labor things have just gotten too painfull for me. Can do them but next day my joints are aching and back hurts.

Seniors have a lot of skills they can barter. There's babysitting, prepping a week of meals for the busy couple, pet sitting & walking, tutoring. Place a free ad in your local senior center paper or other free media outlets. Some are on local TV channel websites. There are 'swap' sites on the web. Google search for them. Good thinking about bartering for what you need and conserve cash.

Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts FrugalNovember 9, 2007
bartering hand shake
Bartering for Goods and Services
house fire
Making a Fire Escape Plan for Your Family
Bride and Groom Putting Money in Piggy Bank
Creating a Budget for Your Wedding
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business, A handwritten business plan on paper.
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business
🎄