Use Bowl Scraper When Making Scrambled Egg

Tired of wasting good eggs to the edges of your frying pan and having a real mess to clean up? Let's face it, scrambled eggs seem to leave a film around the outer edge every time you cook them and I won't go into the detail of having them swim around in the dish water. Well here is how I dealt with the problem and the clean up is a snap.

Instead of using a spatula, that doesn't take the eggs off the sides of the pan, I use a rubber bowl scraper. If your heat isn't super high, this will solve all your problems. You can buy usually 3 bowl scrapers in a pack for about a dollar almost anywhere.

I have found this technique doesn't hurt the scraper and you will have two added benefits. One is that you use all the egg because the scraper is shaped to follow the edges of the pan. Secondly your cleanup is a snap.

So next time you scramble eggs try this little technique and find out how very simple and easy it is.

By maphisx7 from Gordonsville, VA

Top Comment

I use an iron frying pan for scrambling eggs. I whip the eggs with a fork in a bowl and then use the fork to scramble them in the frying pan but I do use the rubber scrapper to get them out of the pan. You are correct that it gets all the eggs out of the pan and there's no waste.

Dollar Tree has silicon spatulas for a buck. These are fantastic, I have bought for myself, restaurant and friends.

By the way, the first one I bought was in cooking store and was over $6, ouch.

These can handle fairly high heat and not get all yucky.

ria

A wonderful idea! thanks for sharing. I do this as well. I haven't been able to get DH to do it. He loses at least a half an egg by trying to scramble them with a fork.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsJuly 12, 2010
Scrambled eggs are too watery.
Watery Scrambled Eggs
Cooking eggs for a large group.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs for a Large Group
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
🎉
🎄