Use Lemons as an Alternative to Easter Eggs

My grandchildren don't care for eggs, but they love lemonade and lemon cookies. Rather than waste eggs, I decorate lemons and hide them for an "Easter Lemon" hunt. This will work with limes and oranges also. When all (or enough) of them are found, we make a big pitcher of lemonade, make lemon cookies together and enjoy the 'fruits' of our labor.

Materials

• Lemons, limes or oranges
  • black sharpie pen
  • construction paper
  • scissors
  • nontoxic glue or tape

Time: As much or as little as you want to invest

Doggypaddler From San Antonio, TX

Such a wonderful 'thinking outside the box' idea and what a great way to enjoy the "fruits" of shared labor ;-) I'll venture to bet I am not going to be alone in saying, "Why didn't I think of that?" ;-)

This tip is a winner IMHO :-)

That's a great idea! I've always been afraid to let the kids eat the eggs after we've played with them for hours but it wouldn't hurt lemons or limes or oranges. You could have a decorating party like some do for eggs and let the kids do their own. Great idea!

Crafts Easter DecorationsMarch 18, 2009
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Meyers lemons in canning jars.
Canning Lemons
Lemons growing on a tree.
Growing Lemons
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye
🎉
🎄