Italian Pork

Delicious, easy, doesn't heat up the house.

• small pork roast or 6-8 large chops
  • 1 pkg 8 oz creamed cheese
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
  • Ad
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 1 package dry Italian salad dressing mix
  • rice

Mix everything except the rice and pork. Place pork in crockpot. Pour mixture over the pork and set crockpot on low and cook all day. 20 minutes before serving, cook rice. Top rice with the pork and gravy.

Servings: 6
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
8 Hours Cooking Time

Source: neighbor

By kmcb59

I made a version of this yesterday for dinner. I browned 6 boneless pork chops in a pan and then placed them in the bottom of the crockpot. Then I sauteed onions and mushrooms in the same pan until they got softened and the bottom of the pan was deglazed. I added garlic and minced celery to the crockpot, added 8 oz of cream cheese, then the cooked onions and mushrooms, then topped the whole thing with 1 can of cream of mushroom soup. Oh, I added Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper too. Cooked on low for about 8 hours.

It came out very good and tender, the pork was falling apart and the veggies had cooked down to almost nothing. I served with with a rice blend. The sauce was a bit on the liquidy side, so I might try adding a thickening agent (cornstarch) next time. I did stir it occasionally to make sure that all the ingredients were mixed up. I might combine everything and then pour it all over the pork.

Pork Chops ready to be cooked.
Italian Pork Chop Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Meats Pork Pork ChopsJuly 31, 2009
Cashew Pork Recipes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
Barbecue Pork
Barbecue Pork Recipes