Sausage for Lentil Soup

Does anyone know the best kind of sausage to put in lentil soup? if so what brand etc.
Thanks.

Bridget from AZ

http://allrecip  Soup/Detail.aspx

This is a great place to start. My girlfriend puts in waterchestnuts, too, for a bit of crunch!!

N-JOY

Any kind of link sausage would be fine. I like Polish or Kielbasa myself.

I would suggest you pre-cook the sausage and pat off the grease with a paper towel, then add it to the soup - otherwise you are going to end with with a very greasy lentil soup.

Suggestion - go to your local grocery store and purchase a variety of the smallest pieces of sausage possible. Pan fry, then serve with mustard and mashed potatoes and a green veggie. That way, you will be able to figure out which one tastes better and use that one in your soup.

I used a great pre-cooked spicy chicken sausage made by Usinger. Just sliced thin and added it.