Use Less Quick Rise Yeast With Breadmakers

I've experimented a lot over the years with recipes for my breadmaker (makes 2 pound loaves). When I use quick rise yeast, I don't use the full amount of yeast the recipe calls for. 1 teaspoon of quick rise yeast is perfect for my loaf and I can make twice as many loaves of bread with one jar of yeast.

Source: Me :)

I do not cook my bread in the breadmaker...I just make dough and cook it in the oven. Would U suggest to use less Breadmachine Yeast as well for just making dough? Thanks for your input. Terry, Nova Scotia

If you regularly use yeast, you might consider buying yeast in larger quantities. Sam's club sells a package of 2 - 1 lb packages. Many places sell bulk yeast.

Big saving! I freeze mine and just keep a small amount.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking BreadFebruary 13, 2008
Rising Dough
Getting Dough to Rise
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Storing Yeast
No-Knead Yeast Bread
No-Knead Yeast Bread Recipes