Browsing: Pantry Food Storage

Have Food Backups in the Pantry

To make sure I always have a back up of certain items I try to buy two of them when I can and then put the extra into the pantry area and forget about it. When I can't spend too much on groceries for some reason. Like an unexpected car expense, a birthday or a bill that was forgotten I always have the extra items I can count on.

By RoseMary

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Rosemary, that's a great idea, but I wanted to add this: watch for specials at your local stores. When an item you use (in the brand you prefer) goes on special, buy lots of it. If the store is out of the item ask for a rain check. Where I live most stores will give you one, and they honor the "special" price after they've been restocked.

An added bonus: you will have food available during weather emergencies, car trouble, illness, or during other times when it is difficult to get to the grocery store!

Pasta in Glass Jars
Pantry Food Storage
Food and Recipes StorageDecember 9, 2004
Cans of Food in a Pantry
Organizing Your Pantry
Preventing Pantry Pests
Preventing Pantry Pests
Stocking a Basic Pantry
Stocking a Basic Pantry
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 20, 2016 at 8:22:51 AM on 10.0.2.4 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.