Christmas Charities for Children

In most communities there are organizations that can help you give your kids what they need for the holidays. This guide is about Christmas charities for children.

Christmas Charities for Children
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

On January 19,2014 my husband suffered an anoxic brain injury from a medical malpractice since then I have been out of work. My husband needs a 24 hour caregiver. We now live on a fix income of $664 and can barely stay above water with our bills. I have 3 children Destiny 15, Joshua 9, and Seth 6. Life has been very hard at times. I feel so overwhelmed, but I know and believe in God and that's what gets me through our tough times.

I just recently took in my girlfriend and her 3 children, as well, because of a homeless situation. So I'm writing you today to see if there was anyway you could assist me to where I could find help for Christmas? My heart is heavy because I'm not sure how much I can provide for my children this Christmas so if there is anyway you could give me information or know where I can go please advice. God bless you.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You state that your husband was injured because of medical malpractice and suffered an injury resulting in total cerebral oxygen deprivation, or anoxia, on 1.19.2014. As a result of this terrible injury, you are now the provider of 24 hour care for your husband?

I am so very sorry for your very difficult situation. I do not mean to invade your privacy but ask to help:

Have you filed legal actions against the medical providers in your husband's injury?

As almost two years have passed since the injury, has there been any resolution?

I hope for the best for you and your family!

Read More Answers...

I need help with Christmas for my daughter who is 14. I have been everywhere and called places and can't find help because there is an age limit or it's too late to find sign up. It is not like I planed this to happen. Please does anyone know where I can find help?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I think you can have a nice Christmas for her if you get creative. First, what can you make that would be meaningful? There are a ton of resources online for super cute, stylish presents you can make for under five dollars. Also don't be afraid to step in the thrift stores. When I went away for college this year, I didn't have a lot of money to buy new clothes so I visited my local Goodwill for the first time. Not as bad as you think. I found a couple like-new peices for very little money. They also had gently used household items, purses, and belts.

Does anyone know where I can find an organization to help me with my daughter's Christmas? Please no rude comments, I am in a bind and any information would be appreciated.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Unfortunately, it is now too late for most Holiday programs as they have their program targets identified months ago. You can contact local churches and other local outlets for possible help.

I have five children that will not have a Christmas this year. We were homeless for three months and we just moved in about a month ago, but I have to pay bills and make sure they have food. I want them to, but I don't make enough to provide the things they want and need. Does anyone know of places that help with Christmas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi teresa im in the same situation this year ive asked as many people as i can if u google charities that help for xmas you will get a list of places that will help however most have taken there applications around october so we could have missed it already .

Thats why i also posted on here as well in the hopes to find that someone or someones to reach in their hearts as i often do .

I hope u have a christmas with your children and i will address this in my prayers god bless.

Salvation army are the best i find

I am a working mom that just lost my job. I need help with Christmas gift for my kids. Can some one please tell me where I can go to get some help? Thanks and may God bless you all.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Call 2-1-1 or go online www.211.org/ and key in the city, state you're in or the zip and it will bring up nearest help aid where you reside. Browse through the categories (drop down menu) and find out if you can get any of these needs met to make life go easier for yourself and your family. Also, call your county police dept. which usually donates to children in the county and if they cannot help you, ask them if they might guide you to someone who can assist. Contact Salvation Army or Toys For Tots who might get you on their Christmas List.

I need help with clothing for my daughter and Christmas. Please I'm a mother that's trying. Where can I look for help?

By Anthony

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The responders on Thrifty can only suggest places for you to go and/or people that may guide/help you with temporary assistance. It appears that you do need help in trying to make do with what you have, or receive, as many, many families are doing right now. No one here knows your location or your true situation so all we can do is mention places we know do give assistance to families in need.

I believe the first place anyone in need should start is their own church - and - if you do not attend then maybe now is a good time to start. A good church is not just about religion but should be there for any situation that arises in their family member's lives.

The Salvation Army has a good program but they should also have a list of local organizations that supply help to people/families who need temporary assistance or even long term help in some situations.

My church also has a "Helping Hands" program that distributes food and clothing to local families (not just church members) on a monthly basis. Of course, all of our food and "stuff" is donated by our members so we are very limited as to how much we can help. Maybe there is something like this in your area. Call around and ask.

Most of us are living on a tight budget but there are probably places in your area that offer free lunches, limited staple groceries and some basic clothing if your situation warrants it.

I know there are people who take advantage of "free" help but we should not judge the few and ignore the ones who truly need help.

I can still remember standing in line with my mother and brother (over 2 hours) so that I would have A toy or doll for Christmas. Of course this was in 1940 but still... This program was put on by people just like we have today so I still try to help when I can.

Read More Answers...

My family and I are staying in a hotel. I have 3 kids. I don't get paid too much, not even enough to pay for the hotel weekly. Does anyone now where I csn get help for Chistmas?

By Jenny

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Most of the charities that do Christmas help have a cut off date of around Thanksgiving for taking applications. They also have a cut off of 12 years for age. IF you don't have enough to pay your weekly rent at the motel, exactly who is paying it? You might be better off in a homeless shelter because people always make sure the kids in those places get something. IF you have a pastor talk to him, he might be able to help a little bit. Although it is too late to take up a special offering in church, like they sometimes do for a needy member of the congregation.

I have 4 children (2 girls and 2 boys) and I have no job or any help. Where can I get Christmas help for my kids ages 14, 9, 10, 8?

By sj

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It's a little late to be asking for Christmas help. Most of the charities that do this have a cut off date around Thanksgiving for taking applications. This is so they can do their budgeting. Most of them also have an age limit of 12 years. IF you have a pastor, talk to him, sometimes they will take up a special offering for needy members of the congregation.

I just lost my job two weeks before Christmas. I don't know how I'm going to pay my rent. I've been crying. I am so depressed I can't get her my 10 year old nothing. I've prayed to God and this is where he guided me when I asked him for answers.

By Edie jones from chicago Il

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hello, I'm in the same boat, but my son is 15. I cried all morning, wanted to give up, then I told myself, as I will tell u. We are mothers; our children look up and depend on us. No matter how I feel, I must muster up the courage to move forward. As I go thru my day, still haven't gotten dressed. I'm realizing this will work out. I know that something bigger is going on.

I have thought of church going. Calling places to give your time and help to others, take the focus off us. Visiting the old folks home. Also cooking and crafting with my son. I'm limited, so I must become creative. Gathering pine cones, leaves, and twigs. I have old branches that I will soak in water then make a circle. It's great fun great. They look like Jesus' crown.

I will take these gifts and hand them out to the elderly. As my day unfolds I think this is the best Xmas my child will had /have. As a mother, what better gift could I give him? Hope this helps you. You are not alone.

I am a grandparent with very little income. I have 2 grandkids, boys 4 and 7. is there any place that helps grandparents get gifts? It breaks my heart not to be able to get them anything.

By Debi

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Are you raising these kids or just a grandparent that wants to get them something. I have never heard of organizations that help non-custodial grandparents with gifts for grandkids. I am 74 and on a fixed income, retirement SS, less than $700.0 a month, and I buy gifts for 10 people with a limit of $20.00 each and if I find something that somebody will like that is on sale, it is still counted as a $20.00 item. I start shopping in January and have been done for about six months. There is no reason why people can't start shopping early in the year. You can get some nice stuff in the dollar stores and even in thrift stores. Kids don't need designer things, or the expensive toys and electronics.

I need help with making a good Christmas for 2 beautiful blue eyed girls:) I'm late for a lot of places that help and I'm praying I can still find someone who can help me get gifts for my amazing family in our time of need. Any suggestions?

By Kristin

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

All families are amazing and a lot of them need help. You should start looking for help a lot earlier. There is usually stories on the news from the different charities that help with things like this, starting probably in October. That being said we all know Christmas comes at the same time every year. There isn't a reason in the world that people can't plan ahead and buy one gift a month. As far as that goes all any kid needs is one gift from their parents. Don't your kids have grandparents, aunts, and uncles that will be giving them gifts? Talk to your pastor, sometimes they will take up a special offering for a needy member of the congregation. But even for that, it is getting a little late. You could give each one of your kids a color book and small box of crayons and they can even be the cheap brands of crayons. Go to a dollar store and get each one of them one item and I bet they will be happy. Walmart has cute little kids t-shirts for about $5.00. Kids don't need designer things or even the expensive toys and electonics.

Please, let me know where and who to ask.

By C

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Most of the charities that do Christmas help have a cut off date for applications of mid-November so that they can do their budgeting. They also have age limits. If you have a social worker with the Department of Social Services talk to that person, they might have some ideas. Also talk to your pastor, and that will have to be done today, as tomorrow is the last Sunday before Christmas. Sometimes they will take up a special, anonymous offering for a needy family in the congregation.

Read More Answers...

My house has been robbed and now I have no money for my kids' Christmas. Their father isn't around. Does anyone know who can help me? I don't know how to explain it to my girls on Christmas

By Shawnita from Washington, DC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Do you have a court ordered child support order, if so their Dad should be paying regular child support, and if he isn't you could get him in trouble.

Read More Answers...

I need help with Christmas. I have 3 kids and no job and no money. Can anyone please tell me where I can find help? God bless you.

By Keisha from Rome

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Your local Catholic Family Services! If you mean Rome, Italy check out this link for referrals for help: http://www.catholiccharitiescamden. ... lected-on-behalf-of-caritas-italiana

I became disabled the April before last and called them to see if there were any volunteers in my area to help me clean my apartment. Not only have I a wonderful volunteer that comes and helps me clean since then, but also last Christmas I received a phone call from another volunteer asking what I could use and really wanted for Christmas. I told them a pair of slippers and a new toy for my Rachel kitty. They showed up about three days before Christmas with three boxes of food, the slippers, a winter hat, a fleece throw blanket, a handmade shawl, extra toys and treats and food for Rachel and more! I was weeping like a baby! They are a wonderful organization and the volunteer who helps me clean is now also a friend!

Read More Answers...

I'm out of work. I was let go after 9 years of work. I am looking for help for my kids for Christmas. Any suggestions?

By Crystal

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Call 211, that is a nationwide help number. Whoever answers will get you in the right direction for help.

Read More Answers...

I am searching for children's X-mas giveaways for a single, pregnant mom with two children. She has extensive medical issues and is not able to work and lives with her mom who lives in Section 8 housing. The household is really struggling, I don't want the children to go without X-mas. The father is incarcerated.

By Diana

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Toys for Tots. Salvation Army. Local churches. Most every town has some sort of Santa - toy giveaway program. Call the local newspaper and ask what it is called and how to contact them.

Read More Answers...

How can I receive second hand clothes and shoes for all ages? I would like to share with our church members that are less privileged for this Xmas season. I would appreciate it if anyone can help in Zimbabwe.

By Amina from Harare

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can ask United States churches. There are a lot of christian and baptist churches in TN that would probably love to help. One that comes to mind is "Hope Community Church in Surgoinsville, TN. Good luck and may God Bless you.

Read More Answers...
            Load More
            Holidays and Parties Christmas CharitiesDecember 11, 2012
            Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
            Michigan Christmas Charities
            Oregon Christmas Charities
            New Jersey Christmas Charities
            Washington Christmas Charities
            © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 24, 2016 at 3:07:41 PM on 10.0.2.215 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.