Browsing: Christmas Charities for Children

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Christmas Charities for Children

In most communities there are organizations that can help you give your kids what they need for the holidays. This guide is about Christmas charities for children.

Christmas Charities for Children
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

October 29, 2015 Flag

On January 19,2014 my husband suffered an anoxic brain injury from a medical malpractice since then I have been out of work. My husband needs a 24 hour caregiver. We now live on a fix income of $664 and can barely stay above water with our bills. I have 3 children Destiny 15, Joshua 9, and Seth 6. Life has been very hard at times. I feel so overwhelmed, but I know and believe in God and that's what gets me through our tough times.

I just recently took in my girlfriend and her 3 children, as well, because of a homeless situation. So I'm writing you today to see if there was anyway you could assist me to where I could find help for Christmas? My heart is heavy because I'm not sure how much I can provide for my children this Christmas so if there is anyway you could give me information or know where I can go please advice. God bless you.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This reply is coming late but I am glad you believe in God.

If you are still struggling Churches are more than willing to help not just for necessities and material things. Most importantly the spiritual lift you need to sustain you to keep going. God Bless you for taking on that huge load ! Seek and you Shall find. There is no shame to ask , especially because you too are doing God's work. :)

You state that your husband was injured because of medical malpractice and suffered an injury resulting in total cerebral oxygen deprivation, or anoxia, on 1.19.2014. As a result of this terrible injury, you are now the provider of 24 hour care for your husband...

December 15, 2015 Flag

I need help with Christmas for my daughter who is 14. I have been everywhere and called places and can't find help because there is an age limit or it's too late to find sign up. It is not like I planed this to happen. Please does anyone know where I can find help?

I think you can have a nice Christmas for her if you get creative. First, what can you make that would be meaningful? There are a ton of resources online for super cute, stylish presents you can make for under five dollars. Also don't be afraid to step in the thrift stores. When I went away for college this year, I didn't have a lot of money to buy new clothes so I visited my local Goodwill for the first time. Not as bad as you think. I found a couple like-new peices for very little money. They also had gently used household items, purses, and belts.

November 24, 2014 Flag

I need help with clothing for my daughter and Christmas. Please I'm a mother that's trying. Where can I look for help?

By Anthony

There still may be a local charity in your area that can still help with Christmas. Call your local Social Services to find out.

The responders on Thrifty can only suggest places for you to go and/or people that may guide/help you with temporary assistance. It appears that you do need help in trying to make do with what you have, or receive, as many, many families are doing right now...

December 12, 2015 Flag

Does anyone know where I can find an organization to help me with my daughter's Christmas? Please no rude comments, I am in a bind and any information would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, it is now too late for most Holiday programs as they have their program targets identified months ago. You can contact local churches and other local outlets for possible help.

December 11, 2015 Flag

I have five children that will not have a Christmas this year. We were homeless for three months and we just moved in about a month ago, but I have to pay bills and make sure they have food. I want them to, but I don't make enough to provide the things they want and need. Does anyone know of places that help with Christmas?

Hi teresa im in the same situation this year ive asked as many people as i can if u google charities that help for xmas you will get a list of places that will help however most have taken there applications around october so we could have missed it already .

Thats why i also posted on here as well in the hopes to find that someone or someones to reach in their hearts as i often do .

I hope u have a christmas with your children and i will address this in my prayers god bless.

Salvation army are the best i find

November 5, 2015 Flag

I am a working mom that just lost my job. I need help with Christmas gift for my kids. Can some one please tell me where I can go to get some help? Thanks and may God bless you all.

Call 2-1-1 or go online www.211.org/ and key in the city, state you're in or the zip and it will bring up nearest help aid where you reside. Browse through the categories (drop down menu) and find out if you can get any of these needs met to make life go easier for yourself and your family. Also, call your county police dept. which usually donates to children in the county and if they cannot help you, ask them if they might guide you to someone who can assist. Contact Salvation Army or Toys For Tots who might get you on their Christmas List.

December 17, 2014 Flag

I just lost my job two weeks before Christmas. I don't know how I'm going to pay my rent. I've been crying. I am so depressed I can't get her my 10 year old nothing. I've prayed to God and this is where he guided me when I asked him for answers.

By Edie jones from chicago Il

Hello, I'm in the same boat, but my son is 15. I cried all morning, wanted to give up, then I told myself, as I will tell u. We are mothers; our children look up and depend on us. No matter how I feel, I must muster up the courage to move forward. As I go thru my day, still haven't gotten dressed. I'm realizing this will work out. I know that something bigger is going on.

I have thought of church going. Calling places to give your time and help to others, take the focus off us. Visiting the old folks home. Also cooking and crafting with my son. I'm limited, so I must become creative. Gathering pine cones, leaves, and twigs. I have old branches that I will soak in water then make a circle. It's great fun great. They look like Jesus' crown.

I will take these gifts and hand them out to the elderly. As my day unfolds I think this is the best Xmas my child will had /have. As a mother, what better gift could I give him? Hope this helps you. You are not alone.

there are so many programs in your area that will help Santa Claus your child for Christmas don't be to proud to ask for help it's not for you but him. Praying God will give you the strength to go through this Holiday season.

December 5, 2010 Flag

I need help with Christmas. I have 3 kids and no job and no money. Can anyone please tell me where I can find help? God bless you.

By Keisha from Rome

Hello,

Merry Christmas, there are some charities like the salvation army, but sometimes that doesn't always work,what my family does is adopt a family that needs and we buy the presents for the family, not a lot ,but some presents. So I don't know you so I can't sponsor your family, but I do know that If you set something up with your school and someone could adopt your family, without your kids knowing. I hope that was helpful

Your local Catholic Family Services! If you mean Rome, Italy check out this link for referrals for help: ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Load More
Holidays and Parties Christmas CharitiesDecember 11, 2012
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Michigan Christmas Charities
Oregon Christmas Charities
New Jersey Christmas Charities
Washington Christmas Charities
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 28, 2016 at 5:08:18 PM on 10.0.1.230 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.