Decorative Ikea Mirror
This craft shows you how to change a simple mirror into a decorative one. Using different paint colors and different beads, you can make a mirror to match any decor.
- mirror with at least 1 inch of wooden frame (you can pick some of these up at Ikea or garage sales, sometimes for pretty cheap)
- handful of large beads, pretty rocks, beads, whatever you fancy
- 1 stick of hot glue
- hot glue gun
- small tube of acrylic water based permanent paint, any colors you desire
- paint brush or sponge
Possible items needed if there is not a hanger on your mirror: 6 inches of string 2 small "i" hooks for hanging
- Wash any dirt off of your mirror frame.
- Then paint frame, taking care near mirror, if you get any on the mirror you can scrape it off once paint dries. You could also use masking tape.
- Let paint dry.
- Place spots of hot glue all around the frame where you want your bits of rock or beads. Press the rocks onto glue and let dry.
Voila! A cute mirror that makes a nice gift or adds a nice touch to any room.
By Mara from Seattle, WA
May 30, 20070 found this helpful
How cute! Thanks for sharing!
Sheila in Titusville, FL
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 26, 2016 at 7:10:45 PM on 10.0.0.45 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us