Use Plastic Hooks for Grocery Bags

I like to recycle plastic grocery bags in my kitchen garbage container. I bought a package of self-adhesive plastic cup hooks at the dollar store and put two on the inside of the trash can on the right and two more on the left. The handles of the plastic bags hang on the hooks, holding them up and open. When the bag is full, pull it off the hooks and tie it shut with the two handles. I have not bought garbage bags in 25 years.

By Libadmin

Great idea. Thumbs up!

That is smart! I get frustrated sometimes when the bag won't quite fit my big trash can and I have to stretch it at the top or it tears. I will try your idea!

That's a good idea and the hooks probably do not get in the way if you happen to need to use a tall kitchen trash bag.

A recycled market bag made from plastic grocery bags.
Uses for Plastic Grocery Bags
Better Living Frugal Living TipsNovember 16, 2009
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
wood trash bin
Homemade Trash Bin Crafts
Duct Tape Trash Bin
Making a Duct Tape Trash Bin
various size crochet hooks
Storing Crochet Hooks