Be Kind to Your Animals

This winter, don't forget to be kind to your animals. They need fresh water and food and shelter just as much in the cold weather just as much as they do in the hot weather.

By Robin from Washington, IA

I have two large dogs that stay outside. We keep them in a large fenced in pen. We put lots of straw or hay in their house and this year I purchased a heated dog bowl. It holds 1 1/2 gallon of water and only cost $20.00. It uses the electricity of a 60W bulb. Now they have a cozy sleeping area along with fresh unfrozen water. It was worth the small expense to provide this for them. My husband would go out 2 to3 times a day and pour water into their bowls, but it quickly froze over. This saves my husband a lot of work and they have drinkable water all the time. If anyone wants one of these bowls, I bought ours online at www.dog.com.

Pets AdviceDecember 22, 2005
A photo fo a carrot growing in a vegetable garden.
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garden
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
A hamster in it's cage.
Saving Money on Litter for Small Animals
Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals
🎄