Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Freezing Apples for Smoothies

0EmailPrintFollowSave

There are a great deal on apples right now at the grocery store. I like to put apples in my smoothies. What is the best way to freeze applies to be used in smoothies?

Glenn

Best AnswersAnswer this Question

These answers have been rated the best for this question.

By Grammy24 (Guest Post) 05/09/2005 Flag

I freeze apples for pies and other desserts, but I put them in salted water for a short time, drain and then freeze in plastic bags. This keeps them from turning brown. You can buy axcorbic acid to prevent them from browning too. Use according to directions.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Debbie (Guest Post) 05/10/2005 Flag

Lemon juice has ascorbic acid and is recommended everywhere for keeping apples from turning brown. But it will add a lemony flavor!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Melissa (Guest Post) 12/06/2004 Flag

Do you not need to add anything to keep the apples from browning?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel 9 2,498 05/08/2005 Flag

This time of year when apples are plentiful and in season, buy a box. Then cut them up and mix with your favorite apple pie recipe. Put all together in ZipLock bag and freeze. When you want a pie just dump the bag into a pie shell and bake!

- Michelle

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Pam 20 18 05/08/2005 Flag

Last Thanksgiving I made an apple pie and had way too many apples. So I put them in a freezer bag and tossed em in the freezer. I added nothing. They turned a lil brown but nothing to be concerned about. Then in January I used them to make a pie. I didn't know what to do cause they were frozen. So I nuked them just a lil to help them come apart added my spices, butter, a lil flour and put them in my pie shell. It turned out really good. yum yum. I think next time I freeze some apples I'll go ahead and add the spices, when I freeze them.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes