Electricity Themed Centerpieces

We are in the process of planning our end of year banquet for my daughter's high school marching band. The theme has to be related to electricity somehow. I need to make up centerpieces relative to this theme. This is a tough one! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. This is my daughter's senior year, and we want the banquet to be special for all of the kids.

Thanks so much!
Caroline from Florida

Ok -- this might sound crazy, but I did this for my brother's electrician's union banquet recently -- I got old appliances -- lamps, toasters, etc and arranged the cords around them and then arranged fake flowers or even real flowers in foam stuck in the sockets. We used real flowers and put them in little bud vases and placed them in the toaster holes and wet foam in the lamp sockets -- remember these were all unuseable and my brother took the cords apart to ensure that no "accidents" happened. We spray-painted everything silver, but you could do school colors, too. Like I said, it sounds crazy, but it looked really, really cool in the end and I don't think anyone will ever will forget it.

You could use electrical wire to make "flowers" by shaping the wire and then put them in vases.

how about making electricity pylons out of metal wire and decorating with flowers?

Maybe something with lightbulbs and the phrase, "Band - A Bright Idea!"

Get a metal pot for a vase and use strong wire, maybe even a old coat hanger and push one end in the base and attach light bulbs, light switches to the end to make a flower type arrangement. Also cut out a lighting bolt on cardboard and cover with aluminum foil and add to arrangement.

Let me know if this help and what you ended up doing.

Good Luck!

Walmart has those globe things pretty cheap.

The one that lok like lightning coming to your hand when you touch them. The kids would love it, and it's interactive. You could draw for them as door prizes at the end of the event.

Thanks so much for all of your input. We have the first meeting of the banquet decorating committee tomorrow morning - and I will be taking all of your ideas with me!!

Banquet Table Decorations
Banquet Table Decoration Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties CenterpiecesMarch 8, 2006
Silk Wedding Flowers
Silk Flower Wedding Centerpieces
Summer Themed Flower Centerpiece
Summer Themed Centerpieces
Basketball Awards Banquet
Basketball Awards Banquet Decoration Ideas
Marching Band Centerpiece
Marching Band Centerpiece Ideas
🎉
🎄