PlanningWeddings

Planning a Simple Wedding

Category Planning

I am wanting a simple wedding. My fiance is wanting to wear blue jeans and a nice dress shirt. He is also wanting to wear cowboy boots and his cowboy hat. Will that look okay with my dress?

Jennifer from Tennessee

Well, being that I'm from Texas, I have personally been to a couple of weddings where the groom wore jeans, boots and a hat. In fact, at one the groom wore a tux with his jeans, boots and hat. I think it all depends on what YOU think. This is y'all's wedding and if you are okay with his attire, that's all that matters. Personally, I think that a man can look very handsome in good boots, a nice hat, dark jeans and a good-looking shirt. As long as you and your fiance are comfortable and happy, that's all that matters on your special day. Good luck and congratulations!

What does your dress look like? The blue jeans look would probably look better if your dress is more casual.

My wedding was really simple, too. I think that's the best way to go. The important part is the coming together of two families, and the simpler the wedding, the less family disagreements that are likely to come up.

Make is a cowboy wedding & think Wild West - ala Deadwood, etc. It was very common for the ladies to be very dressed up & the men not so - maybe a jacket with the jeans for the ceremony? And Try to make your dress, ensemble look like the 1880's-90s????

I hope you have a lovely wedding. I guess as said it depends on your bridal wear. I think it might look a bit mistmatched if he was in cowboy gear, and you in the full flowing white bridal gown and veil!

Perhaps, a long 'colonial'style dress, with the puffed, or caped sleeves, ribbon, in your favorite pastel colours, or white/cream?

Whatever you decide.Enjoy your day!

Here in TX, I have been to some affairs where the women are dressed "to the nines" and the men wore jeans, boots, tails and top hats. These affairs were usually fun, and a little "cartoonish". A "costume" wedding is fine, if it suits the couple. If a fun informal wedding is your choice, then really, anything goes, but if you've always dreamed of a more traditional, more formal day, then I will tell you what I would tell my own daughter:

Please, please, please consider what kind of partner your intended will make if he won't get out of his "work clothes" on his wedding day.

Jennifer I was at a wedding not to long ago and the brides veil was shaped like a cowboy hat.

Looked neat.

Maybe try something like this.

Best of Luck on the big day.

AS LONG AS YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH IT AND IT IS YOUR DAY.....

I WOULD THINK SOME COUNTRY ACCENTS IN YOUR DECORATIONS OR FLOWERS WOULD TIE THINGS TOGETHER NICELY.

My cousin had a western themed wedding, he wore blue jeans, boots and a cowboy hat, she wore a white dress about knee length with white boots and a white cowboy hat. They looked nice for their wedding. Remember that what you wear is not the most important part of your special day. As long as you are both comfortable with the idea, and enjoy your new life together. Hope your wedding day turns out the way you want it to. Best wishes and congradulations.

Yes....You make your wedding what you want....anything goes...My son just got married in our yard last week-end and they went casual and everything was great and everyone had a great time....The day is special to the two of you and that is what is important...The day is for the two of you first.....Enjoy every second of the day......Good luck......Barb

sounds just fine to me!!

If you are really worried have him wear black jeans and a bollo or ribbon tie-Inmyopinion though men look better in jeans than in tuxes

My sister had a "country" wedding. The men wore vests and blue jeans, and the women wore dresses with fitted blue jean jackets and of course everyone wore boots. The cake was beautiful and they had two extra cakes shaped like horseshoes. They even rode off on their horses. Do what makes you happy, its your day and if you want a simple wedding then do it.

I wore white tassled cowboy boots to my first wedding, along with a beautiful white wedding dress. no one would have been any wiser if I wouldn't have lifted up my dress to walk up the stairs!!!

It will look like you are a bride and he is a cowpoke, but as long as you are right with it that is all that counts. Bride gets the choice.