Emergency Bag for Electrical Outages

Instead of trying to look in all areas for your emergency candles during a power failure, have a few stored in a bag with a lighter and flashlight. Hang your bag in the utility room or other out of the way spot. Then no more hunting, just retrieve your emergency bag and have light.

Candle holders in a emergency are hard to find. Save a few baby formula cans, cut a hole in the lid and push the candle through. All the hot wax is inside the can.

Source: This is my own idea after having to search a few drawers with a baby in tow during a black out.

By Randa from San Marcos, TX

I love the idea of putting everything together in a bag so that you know just where it is when you need it. So simple, just something I never took care of before. Thanks for motivating me to do so. I live in Louisiana, so planning for the electricity to be out (as it often is during hurricane season) is certainly useful!

Power Outage Supplies
Preparing for a Power Outage
Home and Garden Emergency PreparationMarch 30, 2009
Emergency Reflector
Make Your Own Emergency Reflectors
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
flashlight in the dark
Emergency Lighting for Power Outages
🎄