Storing Christmas Ornaments

Take the cardboard egg crate and use it to store ornaments from the tree before you place them into a box. It separates them from banging into each other and protects them from being crushed. You can also take large zip lock bags and place your lights into to keep them from getting tangled, then place each bag into a plastic tub and label them Christmas Lights and ornaments. They will stack and be wonderful to see in the next holiday.

Source: Years of trying to keep Christmas items ready to use for the next year. Age old idea to be shared with new generations. Enjoy.

By Cecilia from Wilmington, DE

Something I have also found that works is the packing "sheets" that grocery stores use to pack fruit. They are shaped similar to egg crates (with round places for each piece of fruit) but larger. They are great for large ball ornaments. You can stack several "sheets" in a large box.

I like to take a piece of cardboard, usually ripped from a box leftover from a Christmas present and wrap my lights around them. This keeps them untangled and ready to go next year. I also make sure the lights are all working when I put them away.

TC in MO

I love the tip about the egg carton! Great idea, I think I will try it this year. Thank you!

Glass Christmas Ornaments in a Box
Storing Christmas Ornaments
Holidays and Parties Christmas OrganizationJanuary 10, 2008
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Christmas Box Decoration
Painted Recycled Box Christmas Decoration
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Santa's tummy and legs upside down in a chimney
Making a Stuck-in-the-Chimney Christmas Decoration
🎄