Use Painter's Tape to Protect Carpet

I helped a friend redecorate her son's bedroom, which included painting the walls and trims, repairing the skirting boards, and repainting. We didn't want the hassle of pulling up the carpet.

After lots of thought, I decided the best way to protect the carpet edges around the skirting was to use wide masking tape and tape it onto the carpet, pushing down the edges with a spatula into the space between the carpet and the skirting. I then added a second strip for wider coverage.

You could even tape the drop sheets onto this. It worked brilliantly, and made painting around the doors particularly easy!

By Sabre63 from Melbourne, Australia

Wish I'd thought of this!

Marg from England.

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingSeptember 13, 2010
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Duct Tape
Removing Duct Tape From Carpet
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops