Warm Tortillas in the Microwave

I found out if you microwave a tortilla shell with a paper dampened paper towel on it, the tortilla will be moist and not hard and brittle.

I usually just get my fingers wet and flick some water onto the paper towel a couple times.

Source: Ex-wife

By suntydt from Tazewell, TN

I get a little water on my hand, then rub it on the tortilla so it gets just a little damp, and then pop the tortilla in the microwave for 8-10 seconds. When I take it out, I flip it over just to make sure both sides are moist. Works pretty well and no paper towel required.

Good tip :-)

I use a a tortilla warmer that will heat about three dozen at a time and keep them warm and moist for quite awhile and because of the lid there's no need to add even a drop of water. You can find them at stores like Target for about $6.00.

I think it's nice you are giving credit for this tip to your ex-wife! :) Glad you guys are still friends!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsDecember 11, 2009
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Warming Tortillas
Warming Tortillas
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
🎉
🎄