Attach Child's Picture to Gift

We have young grandchildren who live out of state so to make their Christmas gifts seem even more special, we attach a picture of each child to their gift. We use a single hole punch to make a hole in a corner of the picture. We laminate the photo but you don't have to. Then run a small piece of ribbon through the hole and tie the ends together.

Next (after wrapping the gift) run a second ribbon through the first one and then around the gift, and tie it off. We place a bow on the knot for looks.

Then after they open the gift they use the new picture as an ornament for the tree. If you put the date on the back of the picture they can see how they have changed through the years. It creates a great memory tree. Hope you enjoy this tip.

Source: I'm not sure where I got it. We have been doing this for a few years now.

By Shotowolf from Columbus, OH

What a lovely idea. I will share it with my sisters who will hopefully soon be Grandma's. LOL.

Very clever - and even non-readers can help pass out gifts this way!

I love this idea!

Great idea!

Great idea! Small children love to see their face on a picture and it is even better to use as an ornament!

I'm joining the chorus of fans for this great idea! I definitely plan to use it this year for little ones and for adults, as well with my picture :) Thank you for sharing.

PS Shotowolf? Really? Scared-o-you!

I just love this idea and wonder why this hasn't been thought of before. Needless to say, I am so glad you brought it to our attention and we can all start doing it ourselves starting this year and there after!

Thank you. I give you a thumbs up!

I love this idea. I also think I would expand it to include a "from" picture with a picture of me, especially for the out of town kids I don't see often enough. I wish I had "annual pictures" of my grandparents and other family members no longer with us.

Parenting General Parenting Joys of MotherhoodDecember 21, 2009
Parenting an Autistic Child, Diamond shaped traffic sign warning, autistic child area.
Parenting an Autistic Child
Gold picture frame.
Cleaning Picture Frames
Closeup of HDMI Cable
Saving Money on HDMI Cables
Husband and Wife holding a baby
Adopting a Child
🎄
🍂