No Fat Recipes

I need recipes with no fat that are quick and easy to make and eat on the go!

Joy from Atascocita, TX

One of my favorites is what I call a "Snowflake Omelet" Pita

saute finely chopped onion, garlic, and green pepper in a pan sprayed with a nice no-stick spray.

add 2-3-4 beaten egg whites-depending on how hungry you really are

salt and pepper and scramble all together on fairly low heat until nicely set. Place no fat white cheese on top until just barely melted

Place in one or two toasted pita halves. Eat one if you are kind of hungry, and both if you are REALLY hungry. If you have a few minutes to sit down for a salad, too, this is quite satisfying. Do NOT be afraid of discarding the yolks. That is the only part of the egg that has fat and the whites still have that egg flavor. I priced the cost of eggs, throwing out the yolks and egg substitute, and it is much cheaper using real eggs. I was on a no fat diet for a long while and lost lots of weight. I have to admit that my hair, skin, and nails dried out quite a bit. You need to suppliment with fish oil capsuils or something. Also, I used a paperback book called the Fat Book, and that was wonderful. I kept my fat grams between 20 and 30 grams a day. The normal being 60. GOOD LUCK!!

I don't know why you'd want NO fat, since it's now determined that we all need the RIGHT KIND of fat.

However, rather than try to cook, I'd be more inclined to change my way of thinking by shopping carefully for all the snacks in the world that are healthy, add some avocados to eat raw, learn to eat less food more often, in small meals 6 times a day, if it's your weight you're doing this for.

Whole grain cereals are often good snacks/meals, and boxed "Imagine" brand soups from health food store are absolutely a must for any diet....they're ready made, just heat and eat, and I often add my favorite froz. veggie to them along with the rice noodles from Ramen soup packages, tossing the MSG-ridden flavorings in favor of canned tuna, Salmon, canned hot dog sauce/ low salt beans/ boned chicken or turkey (eat turkey at night for better sleep from it's L-Tryptophan amino acid?), and remember that eggs prepared any way but fried are VERY allowable/healthy, if you don't eat more than two every other day, along with air-cooked popcorn, jello, almond and peanut butters, granola bars, low salt whole grain crackers and breads, babyfood meats, eliminating more carbs than all fats, in my opinion, especially potatoes.

Learn to eat lots of raw green Organic veggies, which are cheaper in the long run than getting ill.

Avoid dairy products: cheese, ice cream, milk, (adapting to rice or almond milk for cereal instead), and avoid gravies and sauces/dressings in favor of V8 juice, lemon ju., Sea Kelp for salt, and vinegar where possible. Learn how to make Pumpkin souffle'

and to be satisfied with fresh pineapple, apples, and

all sorts of Organic berries, including sugarless jams,

and less sweet fruits (avoiding melons, but including

tomatoes, celery, Romaine lettuce, peeled tiny carrots, shredded broccoli slaws, steamed cabbage

and cooked Swiss Chard/Turnips and their greens/

frozen unbattered fish fillets seasoned lightly with

dill/sea kelp salt/ organic butter/ garlic powder.

Good luck and God bless. Hope this inspires you. : )

I hope this helps.

Food and Recipes Recipes Dieting Low FatMay 6, 2007
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Fat Free Cream Cheese
Substituting Fat Free Cream Cheese When Baking
Mayonnaise in dish with fresh basil leaves.
Fat Free Mayonnaise Recipes
Bowl of mashed potatoes with a spoon handle visible.
Low Fat Mashed Potatoes Recipes