Wildlife: Our Moth

I discovered a 10 cm caterpillar ready to cocoon. I put it into a container and waited, for about four months. First the huge cocoon and then this.

I sat outside for nearly two hours in minus temperatures to get these photos. It was worth every shiver and shake to capture this miracle of nature.

By Linda from Australia

Another beautiful event in nature. I don't know anything about this moth. Is it beneficial to its environment? What is its name in the world of nature? Regardless of the answers to these questions, it is a very beautiful specimen, and it's really nice that you were interested enough to collect it and watch the miracle. If you have an education facility near you, maybe you'd enjoy knowing more about it. I'd love the opportunity to know more about it, so if you do, please share your findings.

Thank you for sharing the lovely photograph.

Photo of a beautiful moth.
Moth Photos
Photos WildlifeJuly 22, 2011
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Removing Mothball Odor from Clothing
Removing Mothball Odor from Clothing
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife