Ten Commandments of Human Relations for the New Year
I've lived by giving, and receive from others who do the same, so many blessings and moments of joy and it's by and because of these words of wisdom over and over in a lifetime! I just read these actual words posted at Tipnut and thought I should share with you all these excellent social commandments as a daily reminder to us all and especially for the coming New Year. We can all make our world better for others and ourselves by living and breathing these words. :-)
Ten Commandments of Human Relations
- Speak To People: There is nothing so nice as a cheerful word of greeting.
- Smile At People: It takes 72 muscles to frown, only 14 to smile.
- Call People: The sweetest music to anyone's ears is the sound of his own name.
- Be Friendly And Helpful: if you would have friends, be a friend.
- Be Cordial: Speak and act as if everything you do is a genuine pleasure.
- Be Genuinely Interested In People: You can like almost everybody, if you try.
- Be Generous With Praise: Cautious with criticism.
- Be Considerate With The Feelings Of Others: There are usually three sides to a controversy: yours, the other fellow's, and the right side.
- Be Alert To Give Service: What counts most in life is what we do for others.
- Add To This: A good sense of humour, a big dose of patience and a dash of humility, and you will be rewarded many-fold.
January 4, 20100 found this helpful
Thank you for this handy tip. If we all follow similar guidelines like this, we could make this a better place to live.
January 7, 20100 found this helpful
Amen! I didn't write this, but it's my philosophy. I only wish more people followed it. Even many so-called Christians are meaner than a snake with a skin rash, lol!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 5, 2016 at 6:39:47 PM on 10.0.0.99 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us