Ten Commandments of Human Relations for the New Year

contest winner icon

I've lived by giving, and receive from others who do the same, so many blessings and moments of joy and it's by and because of these words of wisdom over and over in a lifetime! I just read these actual words posted at Tipnut and thought I should share with you all these excellent social commandments as a daily reminder to us all and especially for the coming New Year. We can all make our world better for others and ourselves by living and breathing these words. :-)

Ten Commandments of Human Relations

1. Speak To People: There is nothing so nice as a cheerful word of greeting.

2. Smile At People: It takes 72 muscles to frown, only 14 to smile.

3. Call People: The sweetest music to anyone's ears is the sound of his own name.

4. Be Friendly And Helpful: if you would have friends, be a friend.

5. Be Cordial: Speak and act as if everything you do is a genuine pleasure.

6. Be Genuinely Interested In People: You can like almost everybody, if you try.

7. Be Generous With Praise: Cautious with criticism.

8. Be Considerate With The Feelings Of Others: There are usually three sides to a controversy: yours, the other fellow's, and the right side.

9. Be Alert To Give Service: What counts most in life is what we do for others.

10. Add To This: A good sense of humour, a big dose of patience and a dash of humility, and you will be rewarded many-fold.

Author Unknown

Thank you for this handy tip. If we all follow similar guidelines like this, we could make this a better place to live.

Amen! I didn't write this, but it's my philosophy. I only wish more people followed it. Even many so-called Christians are meaner than a snake with a skin rash, lol!

New Years Resolutions
Making New Year Resolutions
Better Living InspirationalJanuary 4, 2010
Traditional Greek sweet yeast bread
Recipes for Celebrating the New Year
Happy New Year Sign
Celebrating New Year's Eve
10 Can Soup
Ten Can Soup Recipes
Ten-lined June Beetle
Ten-lined June Beetle Information and Photos