Looking For An Air Potato

Looking for Air Potato . I used to have one years ago. Does anyone know where to find one?

Charlotte from Sumrall, MS

I am not sure how to find it; but when I "Googled" air potato, the information all seems to indicate it is a very highly invasive species in the deep south! I think you're better off without it!

Look in your phone book for your local agricultural extension program, telephone them and ask if it is advisable to have them in your area. If it is, I suspect they can tell you where you can find one.

Unfortunately, we humans can really do a "number" on our native plants and animals when we intruduce non-native species and lose control of it. (Kind of like Kudzu in the south and "mile-a-minute vine" and purple loostrife in the north.

Here is more info:

If you are responsible gardener and collect the potatoes every year so that no other vines grow, then I do not see a problem with having the plant. I have 4 plants and I collect the potatoes every year. If I miss one, and it sprouts, I pull the out of place plant and leave the roots in the sun so it can die.

I have some of the potatoes left from last years crop, that have not shriveled up enough to throw away yet.

Contact me privately if you would like to talk.

Consumer Advice Product FinderApril 4, 2008
A/C Heater Vent
Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air
Repairing an Air Mattress
Repairing an Air Mattress
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
furnace air filter
Reusing Air Cleaner Filters