Diabetic Meal Planning Ideas

I am trying to lower my sugar intake, does anyone have a diabetic meal planner that I could try? Thanks in advance.

By Lynda from Kearny, NJ

Your doctor should have referred you to a dietition who would have given you a diet as well as meal planners and suggestions for exchanges for different foods. Call and get the name of one. Most doctors do not leave diebetics without that information after diagnosing them.

I am diabetic and you need to go to a diabetic class. It is a valuable tool to help you with your life as a diabetic. Once you are diabetic you will be diabetic all your life and you need to know how to change your life style.

Remember the 3 no...no's.....bread, (includes pasta),sugar,fats. Just cutting these will give you a jumpstart.

You really should consult a specialist if you are diabetic or pre-diabetic because everyones needs are different. It's all about 'balance' of the foods you eat and how your body spikes and/or drops when it comes to sugar levels from refined foods and natural foods. Whether you're diabetic or not study up on the subject of diabetes so you can learn how all food intake affects your body.

This first link has a questionaire which will then give you a basic personalized meal planner.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/diabe ... ter.aspx?xid=g_dmp_v3&s_kwcid=TC|21847|diabetes%20monitor|www.ehow.com|C||7236862740&gclid=CPrIvOu_06gCFQwFbAoddiUGiA

I highly recommend this second link for Diabetic Direct. I signed up for it months ago because I have a few family members and friends with diabetes and always keep a lookout for info and recipes they might be interested in. Along with checking out everything on their website you can also sign up for a weekly newsletter which has updated articles and recipes.

http://dc2asignup.diabeticconnect.c ... ate&AID=10846956&PID=2183782

October 5, 2011 Flag

I would like suggestions for cheap cuts of meat and ideas for meal planning. I have type 2 diabetes.

By Delores

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

After my husband and I were diagnosed with type 2, I revised many of my old recipes to make them low carb. You can also look up low carb recipes on the web. It isn't just sugar that raises blood sugar, carbohydrates do, too.

Diabetic Meal Planning
Diabetic Meal Planning
Food and Recipes Recipes Dieting DiabeticMay 5, 2011
Apple Pie
Diabetic Apple Pie Recipes
Making Diabetic Powdered Sugar (Sugar Free)
Blueberry Pie
Diabetic Blueberry Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
Diabetic Graham Cracker Crust Recipes
🎉
🎄